• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Using the crop tool to crop to a specific size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinm

In LR4, is it now possible to use the “crop tool” easily to crop to a specific size rather than using it as a "ratio" tool? I realize that sizing is done at export but there are occasions when the former would be useful. I’m aware of work-arounds by looking at "cropped dimensions" in view options or by creating a custom crop of a certain size. Thanks.

Kevin,

Nope. People occasionally show up in the forums asking for this feature, but as it's pretty far outside the typical use case, the consensus is that Adobe aren't likely to implement it.

You can probably find a request on the Official Site (see pointer at the top of the forum), and you can vote for it there.

Hal

Hi I have a question that is sort of related to this;
Do you have any problems cropping rotated images? I currently in the process of testing LR4 and use a LR3 library that I converted to LR4.
Anyway, if I rotate an image from (or to) landscape/portrait I cannot use the crop/rotate tool anymore by pulling the edges. The control sliders work, but not the corners. If I put the image back to the original position, things work like a charm. Anyone else experiencing this?
Thanks!

snewpers,

Welcome to the forum.

LR 4's crop works fine for me with rotated images on Win 7.

You would have done better to start a new thread with a title that describes the problem you're having.

Hal

snewpers,

Welcome to the forum.

LR 4's crop works fine for me with rotated images on Win 7.

You would have done better to start a new thread with a title that describes the problem you're having.

Hal

Ah sorry about that, didn't mean to hijack the thread :)
Anyway, I've removed the prefs and restarted LR and it's doing ok now.
I even did that earlier and then it didn't work. Dunno, maybe the LR3->LR4
conversion got a bit messy somehow.

Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back