Not open for further replies.

msmack

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I find when using the color swatch in the Adjustment Brush the adjustment is very pale in comparison to the color picked. I have tried it with Density at 100% and Flow at 100% and it is still pale and washed out. I might then push the Saturation Slider all the way up but the color never even comes close to the intensity of the color I am picking. Is there another way to intensify the color.

The brush is a color overlay. It does not replace pixels by the color you chose, but only changes the color of those pixels, not the luminosity. That means that bright pixels will remain bright, so you can't even brush any color into a white area, for example.

When would be the best time to use a color overlay. What would it be used for?
I hardly ever use it, but it can be used to add a little color, for example add a red/orange glow to a sunset.

It can also be handy in mixed lighting, if you can't get quite the color you want using the WB sliders.

I found it useful for adding a little more blue to someone's eyes, when for some reason their eyes look too washed out. Good for the lips too.

The brush is a color overlay. It does not replace pixels by the color you chose, but only changes the color of those pixels, not the luminosity. That means that bright pixels will remain bright, so you can't even brush any color into a white area, for example.
An exemplary description!
To add- Applying a color with the Brush will 'mix' with any existing underlying color, unless you also have the Brush Saturation set to -100 which will then 'replace' the color under the brushed area. (It desaturates the original- paints the new color)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back