• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Using Smart Collection for LR Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driffert

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Just joined the Adobe CC and have installed Lightroom 2015. Playing around with LR Mobile. Trying to create a smart collection that will sync with mobile but can't get it to work. Was able to create regular collection that will sync. Will mobile sync not work with a smart collection.

LR Mobile is designed to only work with Static Collections. I had hoped the LRCC/6 would have managed to include Smart Collections. Pretty much everything that I do in my workflow is based upon Smart Collections or Smart Publish Collections. LRM works with IPads, iPhones and Android, but not with another "real" Mobile computer like an MBA or MBP or Surface Pro3. Until that happens LRM is pretty much a useless app for me.

It would be good to have, but it doesn't really interfere with my use of LrMobile. In one case I have a smart collection next to a dumb, synced collection - when I see the two numbers don't match I know I have to add/remove some items from the synced collection.

It would be good to have, but it doesn't really interfere with my use of LrMobile. In one case I have a smart collection next to a dumb, synced collection - when I see the two numbers don't match I know I have to add/remove some items from the synced collection.
The "Smart" in Smart Collections is that LR does this work for you – automatically. You still have to do manual intervention on your part to keep LRM in sync.

And that's why I added "good to have" and only do it for one collection. But it doesn't make LrMobile much less useful.

I think it would be possible for a plugin to do that copying for multiple collections, but I've never thought it worthwhile.

John

I think Rob Cole has a plugin for this purpose: keeping a static collection in sync with a smart collection.

Rob Cole seems to have disappeared, along with his website

Using existing smart publish collections with LR Mobile---not possible, right?

My question is similar. I have an extensive series of nested smart publish collections that I export to Dropbox, then sync via Dropsync to my Android tablet. If I cannot add existing smart collections to LR Mobile, what other options do I have? Re-creating the whole collection?
I like the idea of automating the sync between my phone, tablet & Lightroom, but at this point, to invest time to re-create...
I don't edit on my mobile devices, just show my pretty pics. :cool:

Thanks,

becksnys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back