• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Using only CC on iOS and Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiace_Drifter

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
None at present!
Operating System
  1. iOS
  2. Android
I'm contemplating getting rid of my windows laptop and MacMini. I would be left with just a phone and tablet (android, iOS or both). If I was to take out a Lightroom CC subscription .... ? My photos would be uploaded direct from my phone, and from camera via tablet. I cant see it mentioned anywhere that a desktop/laptop is also needed ... am I missing anything? Thanks.

True Lightroom Classic is not required. However there’s a lot of functionality in Lightroom Classic that is not found in LightroomCC If you’re willing to live with those limitations, then yes you could manage images in the cloud with only an iPhone and tablet.

True Lightroom Classic is not required. However there’s a lot of functionality in Lightroom Classic that is not found in LightroomCC If you’re willing to live with those limitations, then yes you could manage images in the cloud with only an iPhone and tablet.

Thank you ... is there an up-to-date list of features across the two versions? I have found old lists, and wondered what the current standing is?

This is probably the best for comparing: Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic – Which Do I Need? Although new features have been added to both since this blog article.

Great list - CC it is then! I didnt use any of the extra classic features when I last had LR. This will make you chuckle ... I went on to Adobe Sales live chat earlier ... told them I only had tablet/smartphone ... they suggested Classic! I said I wanted lots of cloud storage ... they suggested Classic! D'OH! :) :)

Are there minimum system requirements for Lightroom CC? I can find the requirements for Windows & Mac OS, but nothing for iOS or Android. I was actually contemplating getting a Surface Pro 2017, but one of the lower end models.

A Surface Pro is a Windows computer, not an iOS or Android device, so would come under the Windows system requirements for LRCC.

You'll find the system requirements for iOS and Android (which are mainly minimum software levels) on the apps page on the respective Apple or Google App Stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back