• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Using Lightroom Classic on Laptop and Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidaust

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I am about to move from lightroom 6 and subscribe to Lightroom Classic CC. Would like to be able to work across both laptop and desktop on same photos. I understand that photos are on my external storage device and that only changes to my photos are keep on the computer. How do I keep the changes up to date on both computers? If I work on the laptop then next session work on then desktop how do I get the recent laptop work to my desktop. Robert

The easiest way to do this is to store the Lightroom catalog on the external disk too, so you can use the same catalog on both computers.

The easiest way to do this is to store the Lightroom catalog on the external disk too, so you can use the same catalog on both computers.
IF practical and affordable, IF, use a small external SSD for the catalog and previews, and a much larger HDD for images.,

Phil Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back