Using compare view for pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob211

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I have a bunch of pairs of photos, basically raws converted by two different applications. So I want to compare each pair.

Compare view lets you select a Select and a Candidate, which is fine. But what I want to do is move from photo1/photo2 to photo3/photo4 and so on quickly without have to deselect, use the mouse, etc. This must be something a lot of people do but I can't figure it out.

In SURVEY mode Try alternating between right arrow and Alt-Right arrow. Whichever is the 'selected' pic will change when Alt Right arrow is clicked.

Unfortunately that doesn't do two-by-two either. I want to compare each pair to each other not one photo to many. Thanks though. There doesn't seem to be any way in Lr to do this.

I did find PhotoSweeper, however. It is sorta like Snapselect, in that it groups photos as suspected dupes or otherwise by time. But unlike Snapselect it lets you do a "face to face" mode, which allows you to move from pair to pair. Not sure I wanna introduce a whole 'nother application into the mix just to do such a simple thing, however. But it is a nice piece of software. I think I'll start a thread on culling/picking software that makes up for Lr's deficiencies; there are several choices out there.

You need to do multiple alternating clicks to get a new pair. Not ideal but it does work.

You need to do multiple alternating clicks to get a new pair. Not ideal but it does work.

True, but I want it to work FAST. I've been rethinking all this, and frankly I'm starting to dislike the compare/pick/reject/label choices in Lr more and more, especially as I review other software that does a better job of it. It's especially true at the ingestion phase, where Lr is using an import interface that's about a decade old. The browser apps are also much faster. And some have some much more useful grid views, at least for me. In effect they can group together bracket shots and by time, rather than just a strip or a grid with other photos. And for importing, it's no contest at all. Lr doesn't even show the photo metadata for the import candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back