• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Using Brush Tool doesn't show much change... (inconsistent)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi - it's starting to drive me bonkers now and I can't figure it out.

I have saved my own adjustment presets (brush) for things like Brightening Eyes in this example.

Sometimes when I use Brush Tool I'm seeing little-to-no effect when I brush-on and even when making gross adjustments to 'Exposure' for example.

I think it might somehow be related to the level of zoom. Just a guess.

Adobe Lightroom (Mac) 10.3 but also happens in other versions (9.4 for instance).

Help greatly appreciated! I hate having PRESETS but then having to do the physical "legwork".....

Thanks
Jeff

...for example. Absolutely nothing different between the two still-RAW format photos in Lightroom. Still in Develop module and literally drew on the first eye, went to the next photo, drew again.....................
kjhalsdfkhjlasdf.jpg

Sigh...

Make sure you Flow and Density are at the max. Also make sure your "global strenght" for the entire mask is at 100% (minimize the Adjustments Panel which replaces the full set of sliders with just one "strength" (I think that's the word) slider.

If none of that helps, Send screen shot of your entire adjustments panel when this problem is present.

Thanks will try this next week -
Make sure you Flow and Density are at the max. Also make sure your "global strenght" for the entire mask is at 100% (minimize the Adjustments Panel which replaces the full set of sliders with just one "strength" (I think that's the word) slider.

If none of that helps, Send screen shot of your entire adjustments panel when this problem is present.
thanks I will try this approach next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back