• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Print module USA alternative to Shutterfly for prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (and still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 9.2.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am looking for a US-based alternative to Shutterfly to order some 5 x7 prints, matte or pearl finish. Nothing fancy, just the prints.

I just spent several frustrating house with a Shutterfly publishing service plug-in for Lightroom, changing the configuration many times before I was finally able to upload six prints Even after I got the upload done, I still got some error messages! Once the prints were on the website, the website was very confusing and I couldn't order the prints I wanted. At some point, enough is enough and I am looking for an alternative.

I'm not interested in services such as Smugmug which seem focused on online portfolios. If there is no alternative, then I'll suck it up and take a memory stick to my local drugstore, where I'll probably get lower quality prints. Long term, when I want to do more printing, I will get a photo printer, but I'm not ready for that yet.

Phil Burton

In addition to WHCC, I would also recommend BayPhoto and Printique. I know the first two have used ROES for ordering, but may also have web-based order forms. Printique does not use ROES and is fairly simple.

Good luck,

--Ken

In addition to WHCC, I would also recommend BayPhoto and Printique. I know the first two have used ROES for ordering, but may also have web-based order forms. Printique does not use ROES and is fairly simple.

Good luck,

--Ken
Ken,

Thanks for reminding me about Bay Photo. Years ago a professional photographer who photographed some family events used them, and the results were fine.

Phil

Ken,

Thanks for reminding me about Bay Photo. Years ago a professional photographer who photographed some family events used them, and the results were fine.

Phil
Previously, Bay and WHCC wanted some proof that you were a "working photographer" in order to open an account. I do not know if that is still the case, but if it is not an obstacle, I would use either of them. And, they used to be ROES only, but they may now have web options as well. I do not mind the ROES app, but it does require Java and a download. Printique is open to all and is totally web-based.

Good luck,

--Ken

Previously, Bay and WHCC wanted some proof that you were a "working photographer" in order to open an account. I do not know if that is still the case, but if it is not an obstacle, I would use either of them. And, they used to be ROES only, but they may now have web options as well. I do not mind the ROES app, but it does require Java and a download. Printique is open to all and is totally web-based.

Good luck,

--Ken
I was going to do the order later today, so I can report back. I'm inclined to do a web-based order, to keep things simple. Whatever I do, I won't try to represent myself as a working photographer.

I appreciate your comments.

I was going to do the order later today, so I can report back. I'm inclined to do a web-based order, to keep things simple. Whatever I do, I won't try to represent myself as a working photographer.

I appreciate your comments.
I am not sure they still ask, and I did not mention it to make anybody feel bad, especially since I do not sell my work, but I didn't want you to get there and then run into this potential roadblock without warning. I signed up under my email at my domain name that I have for photography-related accounts and such, and that was fine. Right now if I ran a lab, I would be happy with any new customers that I could get. I hope the images turn out well.

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back