Upright perspective corrections...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photocatseyes

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I watched Julianne kost her video fifty times but for the life of me can not figure out where she finds that Transform extension. It is supposed to live under lens corrections. I have no clue about what is happening but I only get the following window. I do not seem to have the Transform window she gets. I wonder if I am stuck on another older version of LR, but then when I check my adobe CC panel it says I have the latest version... What is Julianne doing to bring out the Transform window or do I have a snag somewhere. If I uninstall LR and reinstall will I still have my catalog intact? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 1.17.22 PM.png

You clearly do not have the lastest version. Your profile says Lightroom 6.3 / CC 2015.3. The latest version is 6.6 / CC 2015.6. And in case that profile isn't correct: Your screenshot definitely shows Lightroom 6.5 / CC 2015.5 or earlier.

Last edited:
You clearly do not have the lastest version. Your profile says Lightroom 6.3 / CC 2015.3. The latest version is 6.6 / CC 2015.6. And in case that profile isn't correct: Your screenshot definitely shows Lightroom 6.5 / CC 2015.5 or earlier.
My profile is wrong indeed, but it probably is 6.5 I wonder though why my Adobe CC app says that I am up to date. Does this mean uninstall and reinstall?

My CC management app does not even mention LR 2015.6. I uninstalled LR6.5 and it only shows that one to install again. I am now checking whether the CC app is old/or corrupt.

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 9.15.41 AM.png

Getting really angry now, I want to work but instead am troubleshooting. Trying to call adobe so they can check it out with screensharing but don't find a friggin number. Have gone through the support screen 20 times and it keeps sending me back to the initial support screen. Why is it so hard to just find a phone number.... On another level, how do you know what version exactly you are downloading. It says LR 2015, and seems to be what I had before. Photoshop says 2015.5 but LR only says 2015. I went to the download pages and find nothing, icons are the same, and it does not show the version. How difficult can it be to show us the exact version? Where can I find a phone number to call support?????? I uninstalled both CC manager and am now reinstalling LR but am afraid that I am getting the older version again... GRRRRRR

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 9.52.25 AM.png

Will do that as soon as the download of LR ends. But since I uninstalled CC manager already and redownloaded I would figure that this is closing already. Still, will try your suggestion. Thank you so much! Do you have by any chance the telephone number of support?

Hallelujah! The eagle has landed. I accidently noticed that I had two LR folders because I opened LR and it was a new icon in my dock. Then I saw that I had two LR icons in my dock. Applied show in Finder and saw that there were two lightrooms in two different folders. Removed old icon/app from dock, moved new one in the spot where the older one had resided, so all is well now. The transform pane is there now, so I assume that I finally am in the correct version.

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 10.33.29 AM.png

I also have a folder --Adobe with "versions" in it... To make it more confusing I checked and the original CC app lives in Utilities... and it will stay there as I don't want to interfere...

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 10.34.27 AM.png

In the top image though you can see the icons/apps in my applications folder. Different questions arise now:

Why does PS get a new icon so you immediately see that it is the new version? I love that btw, small blessing but hey, clear to see for all!
Why do Lightroom and Bridge NOT get a new icon?
Why did I have all that mess going on with this upgrade? Normally I update via the CC panel, I did so this time too, but it did not seem to do it. When I now go in to my CC panel, it still shows Lightroom 2015. For dummies like me I have no way of knowing which version I have...

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 10.41.39 AM.png

Without specifying which version it is it all becomes very muddled. I spend an evening studying Julianne Kost and trying to figure out why I did not get the transform window. I then spend time posting questions and more questions. I spend time uninstalling and reinstalling. I tried for over an hour to find a phone number for Adobe Support in the hopes of getting a screen sharing session where they could help me out.

This might all seem very trivial, the essence of icons is probably trivial, yet it would be so much more clear if there is a consistent icon and a consistent notice of which version one has.

Instead of becoming more user friendly it seems that it is becoming a real drag to even get the latest correct version if the CC panel is not working right. The --Adobe folder is now 1 gig big, and I dare not toss it because who knows what the results of that might be. Doomed to recieve error messages that certain assets can not be found so my apps are rendered useless. If you all get my drift.

But ok, I do have the latest versions now, and only photoshop shows that it is the latest. I do hope that with a new upgrade my CC panel will work correctly and do what it is supposed to do. This is the first time it got so confusing...
Thanks to all who chimed in, it did help me forward. Still Booh on Adobe though for not showing a phone number...

I can work now! Wooohoooo! I'd better check my laptop and see if I opened a new can of worms there also...

Thanks people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back