• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Uploading Textures in LR

KatieB

Lightroom Version
Lightroom CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello, I am a bit confused if I can load from a third party textures to LR and or only to Photoshop.
Thanks,

Solution
Jim, if I understand this, you are saying that I can upload textures into Lightroom and catalog them, but then I still have to use them in Photoshop.
Of course you can save textures as image files and catalog these files in Lightroom. But that is something completely different from loading textures into Photoshop and using them in Photoshop tools. There are no Lightroom tools that use textures.
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom can’t do anything with textures, so no.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Actually, Lightroom is very useful when downloading various textures.
I have both downloaded a few hundred and taken quite a few myself. Some of what you download may need some correction help, which LR does well.
Lightroom can catalog them perfectly for you, so when you want to use them in Photoshop, you can find what you need very quickly.
Then you select what or which one you want, and send it to Photoshop for use there.

Jim

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Jim, if I understand this, you are saying that I can upload textures into Lightroom and catalog them, but then I still have to use them in Photoshop.
Of course you can save textures as image files and catalog these files in Lightroom. But that is something completely different from loading textures into Photoshop and using them in Photoshop tools. There are no Lightroom tools that use textures.

Solution

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic