Upload to iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, you do that by importing these photos in Apple Photos and activate 'iCloud Photo Library'. I don't use it myself though, so I may be wrong.

You should see iCloud Drive in the left sidebar within Finder. You could copy/paste files to iCloud Drive. Keep in mind it'll take up space on your local drive as well.

AFAIK, the Photos app is the only app that can add photos to the iCloud Photostream. There is no AutoImport folder for Photos anymore either.

@DGStinner: The iCloud folder is a separate storage space from the iCloud Photostream. While you can store photos in a folder there, the Photos app on your iDevices will not automatically pick them up

AFAIK, the Photos app is the only app that can add photos to the iCloud Photostream. There is no AutoImport folder for Photos anymore either.

@DGStinner: The iCloud folder is a separate storage space from the iCloud Photostream. While you can store photos in a folder there, the Photos app on your iDevices will not automatically pick them up

If you need autoimport, designing a folder action still works. Yet another inexplicable omission by Apple. You can set up a publishing service to send to such a folder, then Photos autoimports (by copying, IIRC). Then those could go to iCloud via Photos, alhough I'm not sure if that would happen automatically as well. Let us know if you try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back