• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Upgrading from LR 6 to Adobe CC Photo Plan -a rehash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinocamp

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
6.14 just upgraded to Adobe CC Photo Plan
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Sorry to have to restart this discussion, but do not find an answer in previous posts. I am confused about a few things.

Have followed a suggested easy way to do the upgrading from LR 6.14 to the cloud based photo plan. The files were transferred to what seems to be the new LR Classic catalog.
I was not prompted, asked permission, to upgrade my catalog, I did it manually by going to my Pictures Folder where my LR 6 catalog files are stored (see Screen Shot #3).
But do not remember if I used the catalog folder or the previews folder.

Do not know what's happening there with all those extra folders listed, and the LR Library.lrlibrary folder was not there before? (SC # 6).
I have installed the LR Classic cloud version together with all other CC apps, which are in my Applications Folder, arranged under one folder, Adobe CC (see SC #5).

When I open the , presumably, new LR Classic catalog I am faced with two things: 1. the Info window tells me that it is in fact APLClassic, 9.0 Release, (see SC # 1).
and 2. yet the uppermost white bar on the catalog page tells me that it still is LR 6 Catalog (see SC #2 and #4).

I would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me about the above. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 15.21.13.jpg
    1.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 15.21.13.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 2.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 15.21.39.jpg
    2.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 15.21.39.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 235
  • 3.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 15.31.16.jpg
    3.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 15.31.16.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 4.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 08.18.27.jpg
    4.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 08.18.27.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 5.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.05.16.jpg
    5.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.05.16.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 6.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.13.51.jpg
    6.LR.Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.13.51.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 235
'Lightroom 6 Catalog' was the catalog you were using in LR6. It's just the name of the catalog, not a description of the application using it. When you upgraded to Classic it upgraded your catalog too, so now it's 'Lightroom 6 Catalog-2'. The original LR6 catalog still sits there are Classic doesn't overwrite it in the upgrade (so it's listed in your folder as 'Lightroom 6 Catalog')

As Paul explains - you can use any name for your Catalog. Any major upgrade adds the -2 to the name.
Renaming a Catalog is explained in this article by Victoria- How do I find and move or rename my catalog? | The Lightroom Queen
I suggest you move the Lightroom 6 Catalog.lrcat out of this folder to an archive or backup so you do not accidentally try to open or upgrade it a second time.

Thank you very much to you both. Have moved LR 6 Catalog.lrcat and the Lightroom 6 Catalog Previews.lrdata, just to keep things neat, although not very far! For now do not really need to rename as I only use the desktop one and can put-up with the distracting LR 6 Catalog-2 on the top bar.
Regards

I still not sure you understand!
Lightroom 6 Catalog-2.lrcat IS NOW YOUR WORKING CATALOG.
There should be no difference between "the desktop one... and the distracting Lightroom 6 Catalog-2 on the top bar. "
What are you referring to?

Thanks for your concern, appreciated. I understand quite well. It was a comment about the cosmetics of it all, redundant.
Maybe necessary for people like me?? lol!
Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back