Upgrade von v3 to v6 still possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

questionesse

Hi guys,

I have neglected my editing for quite some time. The fact that the last time I was editing, I was still sporting LR3 tells me, it was even longer than it felt.
As I'm getting back into photography a bit recently again, I'd love to take up editing as well.
Just learned, that the latest version of LR is subscription only, which will be too much $$ for my once in a while editing.
Yet - is it still possible to upgrade to v6?
LR6 is still listed under products if you search for it under all products.
Adobe Produkte: Desktop, Web und Apps | Adobe
Yet when trying to check out, it used to redirect me to the newer subscription model.
By trying once more now, I'm getting error messages, that the product is not available in Argentina, I'm based in Europe though, no VPN running...

How's that working for you? Would you be able to purchase the upgrade?

That is weird. Have you tried a different web browser?

Umm --- a lot has changed with editing programs since Lr 3 -- have you considered, or looked at other options now available that may well suit you better than Lr ?.
Sorry sorry; i'm leaving :rolleyes:

:devil: Send me a message if would like a few optional ideas --- no; I'm not attached to any company or selling anything

have you considered, or looked at other options now available that may well suit you better than Lr ?.
Sorry sorry; i'm leaving :rolleyes:

:devil: Send me a message if would like a few optional ideas --- no; I'm not attached to any company or selling anything

Er, Ian, we're a Lightroom forum... you know, supporting Lightroom. ;) I'm sure questionesse is perfectly capable of looking around at other options if he/she wants to!

Thanks guys, didn't get any notification for replies, just saw your answers. I'm currently on the go, but I'll have a look at your links.

And regarding looking elsewhere - I have to say I'm not a fan of Adobe's pure subscription model.
I'm used to the lightroom workflow and wouldn't like to change all that easy, but what IS out there I might have missed while absent from editing for years? Anything with a similar way of working with batches and edits that don't alter the original?
Don't want to start a religious discussion, but open for suggestions if there's something.

Thanks guys, didn't get any notification for replies, just saw your answers.
Odd. Is anyone else having trouble with notifications since the domain move?

Got a notification for that reply - might be an email issue as well.

The Download works! Though - how do I pursue with the update license-wise?
now that could be a problem -- do you still have numbers for Lr3? Not even sure if the new version would be considered an "upgrade' (???) although the new version should pick up all the Lr3 data.
I need my Lr4 numbers to to re-activate Lr5

I wonder if the Op was expecting emails (??)
Email notifications are on by default for new members, for any threads that they've started or posted on. It's possible there's a problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back