• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Upgrade to Classic 7.3- Lessons Learned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hman

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 7.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello, all. I have not yet upgraded to Classic 7.3.
Before upgrading, there seem to be a number of "lessons learned" cautions/actions/files saves, etc. that I've read about that would help to insure a relatively trouble-free upgrade. Can those be bullet-pointed in an orderly manner?

Thanks so much!!

For any upgrade or signifiicant change:
  1. Have Lr optimize the catalog
  2. Have Lr backup the catalog
  3. Backup the entire file system
  4. Restart and check that everything is OK before proceeding with upgrade/change

For any upgrade or signifiicant change:
  1. Have Lr optimize the catalog
  2. Have Lr backup the catalog
  3. Backup the entire file system
  4. Restart and check that everything is OK before proceeding with upgrade/change
Understood. But I think there are other preparation activities in terms of file locations changing, etc. I just want to be able to upgrade with a minimum of problems, based on what others have found to be helpful. Thanks!

If you use many presets, you might want to hold off a few days hman. There seems to be a whole bunch of bugs around presets. If you're not a big preset user, it's pretty stable.

If you use many presets, you might want to hold off a few days hman. There seems to be a whole bunch of bugs around presets. If you're not a big preset user, it's pretty stable.

Thanks, Victoria. I assume we'll hear when the preset issues are resolved. While I don't use a lot of presets, I'd like to inm the future.

Harvey

I have a few friends that have had problems with the upgrade and some who have not. The problems being, big slowdown, crashes and presets. Some are holding off until the bugs are worked out. Do you know if the problems are being worked on.? Will we find out when all is well?

Do you know if the problems are being worked on.? Will we find out when all is well?
Talked to the product manager - yes, they're full steam ahead. I'll put up a blog post when it's fixed.

Thanks.... great to get an idea. I plan to wait before upgrading, but keen to explore the new profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back