Status
Not open for further replies.

John W

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi,

I have LR 6 on each of 2 PC's each running Win 8.1.

On one of the PC's the updating procedure works as it should (i.e. via Help/Updates etc.)

This is not the case with the other. When I went to Help/Updates, I got a seemingly utterly useless (to me) CC Desktop window which only allows me to:

• Open Lightroom (it's already open)
  • Uninstall Lightroom (not quite what I was after)
  • View basic tutorials(I'm beyond those)
  • Buy another Adobe product

It told me that I was up to date which I don't believe to be the case.

I then uninstalled the CC desktop software and tried again. This time I was taken to a window that was more like I would expect but it also said I was up to date.

I previously, and successfully, updated from 6.0 to 6.1 by following a link which someone had put on this forum. Now I want to update to 6.1.1 so that both of my PCs are using the same software version.

I found two links by searching the Adobe web site, these are located on the pages:

http://blogs.adobe.com/richardcurtis/2015/07/31/lightroom-cc-2015-1-1lightroom-6-1-1-update/

and

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/07/lightroom-6-1-1-is-now-available.html

These each appeared to download correctly and after unzipping the files they appeared to install correctly but, when I opened LR, it was still running 6.1, not 6.1.1.

An extract from the System Info page following this procedure is:

Lightroom version: 6.1 [ 1025654 ]
License: Perpetual

I've run out of ideas does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm not particularly desperate to move from 6.1 to 6.1.1 but there may be a future update that I would regard as worth having so I would like to be prepared for that.

I intend to follow your suggestion but first I have a question. If I uninstall LR 6 (not CC) and run the software you recommend, will Adobe allow me to reinstall it on the same PC, bearing in mind that I have installed on 2 PCs already?

John.

... will Adobe allow me to reinstall it on the same PC, bearing in mind that I have installed on 2 PCs already?

John.
You can install is on as many computers as you like. Adobe will not let you activate it on more than two at a time. An install on a third computer will deactivate it on the other two forcing you to choose which of the other two to reactivate it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back