• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! Just the usual new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes. If you use a custom monitor profile on macOS, note that the Classic performance bug is not yet fixed.

Update to LR Classic not showing

SaraL

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR Classic/LR CC 2015

I updated to LR Classic from LR CC 2015 five couple of days ago and all went well. First I couldn't find it, every time I opened LR it went into LR CC 2015. I sorted it out by pressing update and launch (I think) in the Creative Cloud App. Today I came back from a trip and when I open LR it goes into LR CC 2015 again. I can't find LR Classic and when I look att the Creative Cloud App it says I have both apps. It also says "Open", and whichever one I click I go into LR CC 2015.

Can somebody help me? I thought you could have both apps on your PC, but maybe the old one is disturbing the LR Classic?

/Sara

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Welcome to the forum, Yes you can have multiple LR apps on your computer. Installing Lightroom Classic does not install a shortcut on the desktop or in the tool bar. These you need to manually add to your Windows environment. The quickest way to get the right LR app started is to invoke it from the Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager. Once you have it running, you can add that app as a shortcut on your Desktop or toolbar.
If you are in the habit of invoking LR by clicking on the LR catalog file, keep in mind that the "*.lrcat" extension may be associated in Windows with an older version of LR. And you may need to update your file associations.

SaraL

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Welcome to the forum, Yes you can have multiple LR apps on your computer. Installing Lightroom Classic does not install a shortcut on the desktop or in the tool bar. These you need to manually add to your Windows environment. The quickest way to get the right LR app started is to invoke it from the Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager. Once you have it running, you can add that app as a shortcut on your Desktop or toolbar.
If you are in the habit of invoking LR by clicking on the LR catalog file, keep in mind that the "*.lrcat" extension may be associated in Windows with an older version of LR. And you may need to update your file associations.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to invoke it from the Creative Cloud app manager. When I go there all I see is "open" and as I click it I get into CC 2015. Could you guide me, please.
/Sara

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
In the Creative Cloud app manager, to the left of "Lightroom Classic CC" is a triangle. Click on that and it exposes Lightroom CC (2015). Then you can choose which of the two you want.

SaraL

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I do that, but I still only go straight into LR CC 2015, independent of which one I choose. Anything else I should be doing?

SaraL

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I sorted it out. I had the wrong icon on my desktop, not Classic. Thanks for trying to help me