• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

update to 6.3 , book and slideshow error , can't open these module

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi
i update from 6.1.1 to 6.3 and after the update i could not use book and slideshow module

i tried to fix the slideshow , reading the tutorial but i was not lucky

about the book module it stops to work giving me errors , lightroom could not load the module

i tried everything without luck

after i restore an immage and go back to 6.1.1

i know there are issue about the slideshow module but not about the book module

i have lightroom cc/6 and photoshop 2015.1.1 installed under w10 pro 64bit

6.1.1 works perfectly , i search about issue about book module ,but i found the only solution re-install lightroom :(

may i ask if somebody had problems with the slideshow and book module with the 6.3 update ? upgrading from 6.1.1 ?

thanks

Last edited:
Last edited:
hi
i know the updates are cumulative , but maybe i should try to upgrade to 6.2 after 6.2.1 and 6.3
i used the internal update
what do you thing ?

Attachments

• ScreenShot146.jpg
    ScreenShot146.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 411
Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know the details of update versions!
I suggest you look at the Creative Cloud App on the Apps tab.
If you see [Update] beside Lightroom, click that for the update.
If still problems, use the Adobe Cleaner Tool, then re-install. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
attachment.php

hi
i have in the past updated with lots of issue , so i restored an images
does the clean tool gives me the option to select only lightroom ?
because i used in the past , and it did clean everything photoshop included

"does the clean tool gives me the option to select only lightroom ?"
Yes, read the support link-
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html?PID=7221644
Select the application that you want to remove, and click Remove or Uninstall.

Also some useful info here-
http://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-cc-2015-3-and-lightroom-6-3/

I updated from LR-CC6.2 to CC6.3 by simply downloading the Setup.zip , extracting the .exe file and running that on both desktop and laptop- without any problems.
and I got this info from Victoria's blog- specifically- "Instead, I’d recommend downloading the patch directly from these links (WindowsMac) and double-clicking to run the patch installer."

"does the clean tool gives me the option to select only lightroom ?"
Yes, read the support link-
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html?PID=7221644

Also some useful info here-
http://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-cc-2015-3-and-lightroom-6-3/

I updated from LR-CC6.2 to CC6.3 by simply downloading the Setup.zip , extracting the .exe file and running that on both desktop and laptop- without any problems.
and I got this info from Victoria's blog- specifically- "Instead, I’d recommend downloading the patch directly from these links (WindowsMac) and double-clicking to run the patch installer."

thanks
as soon as i have time , i will perform a backup (an image) , and try to update from 6.1.1 to 6.2 and after to 6.3
i know they are cumulative and but maybe it's better to udpdate to 6.2 and after 6.3 ,or wait for 6.4

thanks
as soon as i have time , i will perform a backup (an image) , and try to update from 6.1.1 to 6.2 and after to 6.3
i know they are cumulative and but maybe it's better to udpdate to 6.2 and after 6.3 ,or wait for 6.4

I always thought that the LR updates were spot releases. So you can skip intermediate updates but the latest/newest install provides all the functionality. Cumulative patching is very old style of working!

Please can one of our Gurus confirm which way the Adobe Lightroom update process works. Cumulative or Stand Alone?.

I always thought that the LR updates were spot releases. So you can skip intermediate updates but the latest/newest install provides all the functionality. Cumulative patching is very old style of working!

Please can one of our Gurus confirm which way the Adobe Lightroom update process works. Cumulative or Stand Alone?.
hi
i don't need to upgrade to 6.2 and 6.2.2 and to 6.3
i can upgrade from 6.1.1 to 6.3
but i get module errors
don't why
i got issues with photoshop like other users
i will keep 6.1.1 and i will wait 6.4 or 6.3.1 to upgrade

What you call "spot release" I call a cumulative patch, i.e. the latest one is the sum of all previous patches plus the latest changes. So you can install the base 6.0 program, then install the 6.3 "patch" and you'll have all the functionality of 6.0 + 6.1 + 6.1.1 + 6.2 + 6.2.1 + 6.3.

What you call "spot release" I call a cumulative patch, i.e. the latest one is the sum of all previous patches plus the latest changes. So you can install the base 6.0 program, then install the 6.3 "patch" and you'll have all the functionality of 6.0 + 6.1 + 6.1.1 + 6.2 + 6.2.1 + 6.3.

Thanks Jim.
That is what I understood. I agree with your definition of content and process.

My reading of Mantra post is that you needed to apply all the individual patches to get the accumulated functionality in the final release.
I have always applied these 'cumulative patches/spot releases' as I need them and found no issues.

I got this info from Victoria's blog- specifically- "Instead, I’d recommend downloading the patch directly from these links (WindowsMac) and double-clicking to run the patch installer."

As a curious side point, the reason for that recommendation was simply that the main updater can sometimes take a few days to show the updated version, and I didn't want people accidentally 'upgrading' to 6.2.1. That shouldn't be a problem now, of course.

As a curious side point, the reason for that recommendation was simply that the main updater can sometimes take a few days to show the updated version, and I didn't want people accidentally 'upgrading' to 6.2.1. That shouldn't be a problem now, of course.
Hi Victoria , i tried twice (restoring an image) to install 6.3
the update doesn't give me any errors, the program works outside the slideshow and book module
i fixed the slideshow module but not the book module
i'm still running 6.1.1 because i have no problems
i will try to update 6.3 cc via the updater (exe) and not via internal update
thanks

Hi Victoria , i get always these errors upgrading to 6.3 cc
but could it been caused by plugins ? because w10 in many cases can create issues about folders files permissions

"impossible find the specified module "

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FQjRC4L.png
    FQjRC4L.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 278FiCv.png
    278FiCv.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 353
I haven't seen that specific error, but I'd uninstall and reinstall.

I haven't seen that specific error, but I'd uninstall and reinstall.

thanks
i will do as soon as 6.3 will release
i got issues with photoshop 2015.1.1 ,never with cc 2013-2014 and lightroom v4 and v5 ,only with the last adobe updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back