• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

update previews in lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillsadam

Hi There,

so when i've edited a shot in photoshop and then saved it back to lightroom, if i then make further changes to that file and save again in photoshop, how do i update instantly the shot in lightroom to reflect changes? it seems to take a while on its own?

Adam

It should happen pretty much straight away, it usually takes a couple of seconds for LR to build the new preview. I have seen issues in the past when it takes longer or didn't happen at all until changed modules. Are the files exceptionally large ?

You can force a re-build via Library/Previews in the menu.

The Library solution only worked on the library file, but not the image in the develop module. I even tried opening the image in Photoshop and saved back over it. I got it to work by closing Lightroom (v6) and reopening the program.

I just tried it. The first edit took about 18 seconds. The second edit took about 30 seconds. Not sure instant exists but it depends on your computers processing speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back