• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Update from lightroom 5.2 to 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrina

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
5.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi there! I bought a new Windows laptop and have run into a bit of a problem with Lightroom.
So way back in the day, somebody gave me Lightroom 4 which I used for a number of years. In 2016, I bought a Nikon d5300 and found out lr4 doesn't support raw files from the Nikon d5300. So I bought a Lightroom 5 update and everything was perfect for a few years, until now, I have a new laptop. I re-installed Lightroom 4 and then the Lightroom 5 update to my new laptop. But here's the catch: the update reads 5.2 on my new computer but on my old one it's 5.7.1. And the 5.2 version doesn't support the raw files from my d5300. I'm unsure why it's only 5.2 on my new laptop. My guess is that's what I bought and I updated it to the 5.7 for free back when Adobe was still offering updates. But they don't do that anymore which is really frustrating! My question is, is there any way to get the Lightroom 5.7 on my new laptop since I do have it on my old laptop? Is there any way to transport it? Thanks to anyone who can help.
Sabrina

If you contact Adobe Customer Care they should be able to supply you with the 5.7.1 download.

It was my understanding Adobe wasn't supporting the older versions anymore but I'm giving it a try anyways. I tried to contact them last night and finally gave up after 2 and half hours of being put on hold. Have been trying for another hour and half today again. I've worked with their customer support twice before this time and so far my experience has been pretty terrible:eek:Fingers crossed I get a solution today.

It was my understanding Adobe wasn't supporting the older versions anymore but I'm giving it a try anyways. I tried to contact them last night and finally gave up after 2 and half hours of being put on hold. Have been trying for another hour and half today again. I've worked with their customer support twice before this time and so far my experience has been pretty terrible:eek:Fingers crossed I get a solution today.

It is true that Adobe has discontinued support for legacy apps, but they do maintain a downloadable/installable copy for legacy licensees. Your LR5 will work as long as the technology in the app is still supported the by the operating system. At some point your Operating System will no longer be able to run out of date apps like LR5 and then you will need a different solution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is true that Adobe has discontinued support for legacy apps, but they do maintain a downloadable/installable copy for legacy licensees. Your LR5 will work as long as the technology in the app is still supported the by the operating system. At some point your Operating System will no longer be able to run out of date apps like LR5 and then you will need a different solution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for your input! I just got in touch with Adobe and they have sent me a link that hopefully works. I'm waiting on the download now. I hadn't really thought about the fact that eventually LR 5 will just be too old to run on new operating systems, but that is a very valid concern. Hopefully by then I'll be able to afford the subscription. Right now I'm just starting out into pro photography and it's more of just a side hustle without much income at the moment. Thank you both for the advice. I really appreciate it!!

Good news for anyone who might have a similar problem later: the link worked and I now have LR 5.7!! Thank you to everybody who helped me out!

Sabrina, you can ask Victoria Brampton here, how to get Lightroom 6.14. This 6.14 runs and installs on MacOs Mojave. if installed in Mojave it will also run in MacOs Catalina after the upgrade. But it can not be installed in Catalina, because the installer is only 32bit. See several threads here.

Sabrina, you can ask Victoria Brampton here, how to get Lightroom 6.14.
The installer for 6.14 is also now only available from customer services, and requires you to already own a LR6 license because it's no longer available for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back