• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Unwanted CC warning in Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Little

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 7.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I'm suddenly getting a recurring message in LR Classic 7.2 that I can't sync to CC until I do something. Since I'm completely not interested in CC, this is a minor annoyance since it pops up every 15 minutes or so. Any solutions?

Try clicking the notification area (top left, where it says "Lightroom") - will it let you pause syncing? It might not if you haven't set it up, I don't remember...

If not, what is the "something" it tells you to do?

I think the "something" was to sign in to CC; I didn't pay attention because I don't want to use CC. Meanwhile I just updated to 7.3.1 and haven't (yet) gotten the message. In that panel, there is a choice "Sync with Lightroom CC Sign In". Who knows, maybe a misplaced mouse click activated that before. Thanks for pointing this area out.

I spoke too soon. The message popped up again. The heading is "Confirm", then another heading "Signed Out", followed by "You will not be able to sync photos with Lightroom CC until you sign in again." Then two buttons, Sign In and Cancel.

Since I'm not interested in using CC, I don't want to see this message every X minutes.

I have a feeling you have to sign in to CC for Lr to know that you're paying for it, and for it to continue to let you use it (I may be wrong, but I think so). So I'd suggest you sign in, but then press pause on sync. Although nothing should sync anyway unless you set a collection to sync in the "Collections" panel in any case.

Everyday you learn something new, even if it's not something you want to know! It looks like I wasn't signed into my Adobe account for some reason. Before, the panel in the upper left had a little ad, something like "Learn about LR CC!" (as in, it's your big chance). Once I signed in, that message went away.

Thanks for your help.

Glad it's (hopefully) kept the annoying message at bay! People sometimes have a problem with it signing them out. If that happens and it complains to you again, make sure to install the Creative Cloud desktop app, and make sure you sign into that. But hopefully you won't run into that issue and won't need to :).

Who knew that "Sign In" means "Sign In to the Creative Cloud desktop app", which I have installed, instead of "Sign In to the glorious wonders of LR CC".

Who knew that "Sign In" means "Sign In to the Creative Cloud desktop app", which I have installed, instead of "Sign In to the glorious wonders of LR CC".
You can't escape The Cloud ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back