• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Unsupported bit depth files from Ps HDR Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdoak

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Recently when using three DNG files to create an HDR image, I've been getting a gray box in the library module, and when I try to "develop" it, I get the error message "unsupported bit depth." I've done lots of HDR mergers before, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I select three images, edit in Ps HDR Pro, click OK when it's done, and save. Is this the wrong workflow? Have I got my bit depth set wrong in Ps?

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Will

What file format is the HDR image coming back into Lr?
As far as I know the Develop module can only work with 32-bit TIFF files not DNG or PSD files.
I am familiar with this workflow since I do HDR work myself.
BTW Lr4 is brilliant for doing the tone mapping - but I think you have already worked that one out!

Regards

Tony Jay

As far as I know the Develop module can only work with 32-bit TIFF files not DNG or PSD files.

TIFF and DNG are ok, PSD isn't supported.

Victoria, I am away from home currently - no Ps on my laptop, otherwise I would check this myself.

As far as I am aware DNG is not an option as a saving format in Ps - please clarify.

Regards

Tony Jay

TIFF's can be converted to DNG (as can PSD's, for that matter), so DNG's are supported. I'm on the wrong computer to check whether PS can save 32-bit to DNG direct - you're probably right about that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back