• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Unresponsiveness of LR 9.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Have been having issues with LR 9.2.1 for a few weeks now. If left open and not saved entire folders are greyed out and upon clicking on a greyed image, the screen says it's loading. It doesn't. I've had to close LR and reopen and then all is well. Today, all is not well: LR does not open at all and have had to force quit. Any ideas on reason and a fix? Many thanks

Gentlemen, Thank you for your efforts. It's obvious I'm a neophyte in matters software. I do not understand the bowels of LR.
I did manage to find the Preferences folder under Library (screenshot attached )and discovered I have dozens, maybe hundreds, of preferences. Which do I rename? Then restart LR?
The Path is as follows located in /Users/{userID}/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Preferences/.

The Path is as follows located in /Users/{userID}/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Preferences/.
No, that is not where the general Lightroom preferences are. They are in users/username/library/preferences.

1 2020-06-05 11-29-49.jpg

The path you mention contains a separate 'Startup Preferences.agprefs' file.

No, that is not where the general Lightroom preferences are. They are in users/username/library/preferences.

View attachment 14693

The path you mention contains a separate 'Startup Preferences.agprefs' file.
Yes, you are correct, I just grabbed the first one I found,

In the attached screen shot I display the Adobe preferences in the folder. I don't see any Lightroom ones other than adobe.Adobe-Lightroom-Helper.plist
Is that the one I should rename and then open Lightroom?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 3.52.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 3.52.02 PM.png
    650.4 KB · Views: 154
Have you scrolled further down....the prefs file is "com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist".

Somehow (not quite sure how) I found the pesky folder, have renamed it, opened Lightroom and magically a new plist folder was created. I will now see if Lightroom does not grey out my images as before.
Thanks to all for your patience and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back