• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Unnecessary syncing of deleted items

Status
Not open for further replies.

aversnell

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom version 6.1 x64
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
This is happening today on desktop Lightroom, but it happens on my iPad too. I import a few hundred photos into an album. I pause syncing, because I don’t want to sync all the ones I’m going to delete anyway. I flag the handful of photos I want to edit. Then I filter by empty flag, to show just the rejects. I select all, and delete the rejects. If there’s anything in the Deleted folder, I delete it permanently. I resume syncing.

Hours later, even though I kept only a few photos, it’s still syncing. I use the View option to see what I’m syncing, and Lightroom is busy uploading all the rejects!

I double-check the folder. The rejects are gone. I double-check the Deleted Items folder, and it’s empty. And it takes forever to get my pictures synced and shared because my computer is tied up syncing things I already deleted!

I’d be VERY grateful for help!

Solution
Login to your cloud account (aka LrWeb) in a browser window (go to lightroom.adobe.com, log in with your Adobe account details), then check for a Sync Errors album below the All Photos entry. It may be that all the deleted images are listed there, i.e. Lightroom is still trying to upload the no-longer existing images that you deleted from the iPad.

If that's the case, you should be able to stop that syncing effort by deleting again from LrWeb.

Why that is happening I'm not certain about, but if your sequence of events is totally accurate I would think the problem starts if you import all the new images BEFORE you pause syncing, i.e. there's a form of initial data transfer that informs the cloud server that new images are on their...
Login to your cloud account (aka LrWeb) in a browser window (go to lightroom.adobe.com, log in with your Adobe account details), then check for a Sync Errors album below the All Photos entry. It may be that all the deleted images are listed there, i.e. Lightroom is still trying to upload the no-longer existing images that you deleted from the iPad.

If that's the case, you should be able to stop that syncing effort by deleting again from LrWeb.

Why that is happening I'm not certain about, but if your sequence of events is totally accurate I would think the problem starts if you import all the new images BEFORE you pause syncing, i.e. there's a form of initial data transfer that informs the cloud server that new images are on their way. If that happens before you've paused syncing, it could explain what's going on now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back