• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Import Unknown problem with .raw files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsphoto

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have been reorganizing my photo library. Moving files, renaming and removing duplicates, etc.
In the folder that I keep photos from my cell phones I have a great number of files with the extension .RAW on my hard drive that Lightroom says it is unable to import. I get a message that the files are corrupted or damaged. This issue is only with files from my cell phones. In the course of my reorganizing, I do not seem to be missing any files, so I am puzzled as to what has happened and why I now have hundreds of .RAW files that I never had before.
Can anyone help me understand what is going on?

When I try to open them in Photoshop, this is what I get,

Screenshot 2022-06-14 144311.jpg

Click on the OK button and this opens,

Screenshot 2022-06-14 144743.jpg

Have you ever had to run file recovery software or anything like that, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back