Not open for further replies.

Annek73

AnneK70
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I am having trouble understanding the transfer from LR4.4 to Photoshop and back. Here is my workflow:

Keyword and edit and in LR to my liking
Cntl-E to edit in Photoshop
Save in PS (not Save As) the file is then renamed with the word Edit
Go back to LR

Here is where I have a problem. I have the photos selected by a specific keyword and I can see that a photo has been added to the keyword group (presumably the one named “Edit) because the count has gone up, but I can't see the Edit version. I have to go to Filter and None (or Cntl-L) and I can now see the edit, but since there is no filter everything else also shows up. I then stack the edit with the original, go back to my Keyword group and the Edit is available. Am I missing something?

PS - I have tried to "unlock" the filters at the top and that does not solve the problem.

Do you have "sort by capture Time"?
some of the sort by Show the copy on the endor beginning
greetings from vienna
franz

Hello,

How have you set up your filter, post a screenshot if you could please.

In any case, I've tried to duplicate what you are describing. I've gone into my test catalog, and picked two photos, added a Test Keyword to both of them. In the filter at the top, I picked Text, set it to Keywords - Contain All - and stuck Test in the box at the right. Sure enough I get the two photos in question. Select one, and do Ctrl-E and make a simple change in photoshop. Close the picture (selecting save on the way out) and back in Lightroom, the edited picture now shows up along with the other two in the filtered list, including the one that now has the -Edit appended to the filename.

DaveS - I was able to duplicate your process with one keyword. I now have a theory as to what might be happening. I shot all these photos at Easter so I keyworded the photos "Easter 2013". But in the photos are family members, flowers and toys. Those key words are in different hierarchies. My granddaughter, for instance, is under Family. I am wondering if the reason I have to turn the filter off (Cntl-L) to see the edits is because of the different keywords in different hierarchies. Does that sound plausible?

Looks like a bug to me. I've tested on both LR3.6 and LR4.4 and get the same result each time.....when starting from a keyword filter, the resulting Tif/Psd does not show up in that filter search even though the keyword count is incremented. In fact, even though it's possible to find the returned file via other criteria, I cannot get it to show in the keyword search until I restart Lightroom.

I would think it maybe one of the many small known bugs, but it wouldn't hurt if you were to report it using the link at the top of the page. In the meantime, if this is going to be a real problem for you, consider adding the images from the keyword filter to a temporary collection and work out of that.

Edit: Or use DaveS's method for filtering on the keywords, i.e. use the Text search rather than clicking on the keyword arrow in the Keyword List.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back