• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Unable to open RAW files in Photoshop from Lightroom

BCHiker

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
version 11.0.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Since the update at the end of October, I have been unable to open RAW files directly from Lightroom in Photoshop. JPEG files open very quickly in Photoshop. DNG files will not. When I click "edit in Photoshop 2022", Photoshop will open, but the file itself will not open. After a few minutes, an error message comes up saying that Lightroom is unable to open Photoshop. If I click the error message off, the file will open in Photoshop in another minute or two.
Adobe technical support has uninstalled and reinstalled LR, PS, ACR and the Creative Cloud App multiple times to no avail. As I said, LR will open jpeg files in PS by using "edit in PS 2022".
In another forum post, I saw that if there was a version difference in ACR between LR and PS, you might see this problem. LR shows that it is using ACR v14.0. PS shows that it is using 14.0.1.952. Could that be the issue?
Any suggestions are appreciated....

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic

BCHiker

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Did you try Rikk's last step, "If the above does not restore the expected edit in behavior, then you may need to use Adobe Cleaner Tool to tidy up your Adobe installations and reinstall from scratch. Use this as a last resort"?

He should have provided a link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

It takes a fair bit of time to do a clean uninstall with the Cleaner tool and then reinstall your Creative Cloud apps. But I know that it has helped at least a few people who have had problems with Edit In Photoshop over the years.

BCHiker

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Did you try Rikk's last step, "If the above does not restore the expected edit in behavior, then you may need to use Adobe Cleaner Tool to tidy up your Adobe installations and reinstall from scratch. Use this as a last resort"?

He should have provided a link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

It takes a fair bit of time to do a clean uninstall with the Cleaner tool and then reinstall your Creative Cloud apps. But I know that it has helped at least a few people who have had problems with Edit In Photoshop over the years.
To be honest, no, I didn't do that last step. The Adobe Help Desk did do that, but I will go back and do it on my own to see if that fixes it.