Unable to correct Lightroom CC Corrupted catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet Eschenlauer

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Recently I found that my Lightroom catalog is corrupted. When I unzip and open a backup file I find that it is corrupted as well. I have gone back to backups up to 2 weeks old and they all say they are corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom. Is there something related to Lightroom on my computer the is causing this to happen? I have not found any forums that address this problem.

It's on its way to the engineer and I'll let you know when I hear back.
Hi Victoria,
I have a similar problem with a corrupt LR Classic catalog that has been opening fine until I recently had to re-install Windows 10. I have several small working catalogs that open fine, but my main large business catalog is now saying it's corrupt and adobe cannot repair.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ

Hi Victoria,
I have a similar problem with a corrupt LR Classic catalog that has been opening fine until I recently had to re-install Windows 10. I have several small working catalogs that open fine, but my main large business catalog is now saying it's corrupt and adobe cannot repair.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

If even Adobe cannot repair it, I doubt there is anyone here who can help you. You don't make backups, I assume?

If even Adobe cannot repair it, I doubt there is anyone here who can help you. You don't make backups, I assume?
I do make backups regularly, but opening a copy of the backup still gives the same error. I have not been able to contact Adobe directly, it is the application that is giving the error that the catalog is corrupt and cannot be repaired. As per this thread last year I was hoping Victoria might be able to submit this to the Adobe engineers.

Thanks Wernfried and Victoria,

I was able to repair the catalog and all is well. I tried Wernfried's suggestion, but I'm not sure that solved the issue. Removing the LR Classic CC preference file, opening a copy of the backup on a separate drive and then replacing the preference file seemed to be the solution.

Either way, thank you for your quick reply. I'm very grateful to have saved hours of wasted time recreating the catalog.

Ok, make it simple. Download your repaired catalog from here: 2017_MasterLRcat.zip
Try to open it. If it does not work, go for manual creation.

Best Regards
Wernfried
Wernfried, I am having essentially the same issue with corrupt Lightroom classic cc catalog and tried the SQLite approach but get many errors when trying to writ the lrcat file. Do you think you might be able to work your sql magic on my catalog?

Wernfried, I am having essentially the same issue with corrupt Lightroom classic cc catalog and tried the SQLite approach but get many errors when trying to writ the lrcat file. Do you think you might be able to work your sql magic on my catalog?

Which errors do you get?

Received a message indicating Lightroom couldn't open catalog and then was presented a screen to "Repair" which I did BUT that did not work. Then presented with a screen to contact Adobe or See in File Explorer, etc. I did mention on an earlier post that I followed some links I found thru Google and used SQLite3 to dump the database to a .SQL file and then after changing the last line of text to COMMIT CHANGES; then reconstructed the .lrcat and was able to open the newly dumped catalog. Still interested in seeing what Adobe has to say about it. Thanks so much!!!

Good news Roger, your catalog is on its way back, and is thought to be recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back