• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Two Adobe ID’s - Can I Use the Same LrC Catalog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlMarch

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. I have two Adobe ID’s, one with a full subscription on an iMac and Dell laptop. I have ordered a new M1 MacBook Pro, on which I plan on having just the photography subscription. I would like to know if I can use the same LrC (v10) catalog with both subscriptions, or if a catalog is deemed Adobe ID specific by Adobe. The two Macs are/will be running Big Sur (which is not a radio button option below). Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic.

Hi

Adobe don't have a check that specifies a catalog must be tied to an account, so short answer is you can use the catalog with either subscription. However, if it's synced to the cloud, then it can only be synced on one subscription (so the other computer with a different sub can still use it but can't sync, you'd need to turn sync off when using it on that one).

Hello All - Following up to let everyone know that there’s no problem sharing the LrC Catalog between two different accounts. As for syncing, I can easily sign out of LR on my iPhone/iPad and sign in with the other account. However, as pointed out, one needs to use two different folders on their computers for syncing locally - one for each account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back