• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Lightroom Classic users who are running 13.3... 13.3.1 is now out with the following bug fixes:
    1. Location fields go missing after syncing the images
    2. Map Search is not returning a result
    3. There are no notifications for new likes in 13.3
    4. Crash while applying Remove on Windows
    5. When editing with Smart Previews instead of Originals, the source heal/clone area cannot be moved
    6. Mismatch between the brush size and the mask created
    There are still outstanding new bugs, mostly around sync and writing to XMP, so if these are essential in your workflow, you may want to stick to 13.2 for now. See the list at the top of our blog post for more details.

Turn off Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Kueppers

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Don't know as it's installing now.
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Is it possible to turn off use of cloud storage? I signed up for 20GB but I have over 1.8TB of photos. I only want everything local on my HDD. I had enough problem with this during migration to LrC from Lr 6.0. Finally figured out how to get past that.
I do all my own backups and restores, so I don't use any cloud resources.
I don't want LrC to keep trying to update cloud storage when I'm importing or doing editing. Not necessary.
So far I can't seem to figure out where to turn off use of the cloud.
Thanks for your help!

Lightroom Classic will not use cloud storage until the user:

1. Enables cloud syncing in LrC.
2. Then tells LrC which images it should sync to the cloud.

In other words, there is no cloud syncing in LrC unless/until the user sets it up. So if you haven't done both of the above things, there's nothing to be concerned about and LrC will happily carry on working with your images on the local hard drive(s).

However, your post is written in such way as to suggest that LrC is continually syncing. What makes you think that it is?

Lightroom Classic will not use cloud storage until the user:

1. Enables cloud syncing in LrC.
2. Then tells LrC which images it should sync to the cloud.

In other words, there is no cloud syncing in LrC unless/until the user sets it up. So if you haven't done both of the above things, there's nothing to be concerned about and LrC will happily carry on working with your images on the local hard drive(s).

However, your post is written in such way as to suggest that LrC is continually syncing. What makes you think that it is?

#3. LrC does not use any of your 20GB storage limit. Instead any image that you import into LrC and sync to the Cloud will make a Smart Preview DNG file that is at most 2560px on the long edge. The file this size is stored outside of your 20GB and is unlimited in the number of images you can sync this way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Lr6.0 crashed and thru lots of help form Adobe Community and here, no solution could be found. Therefore, I signed up for the Photographers plan and installed LrC. It immediately stopped when the cloud was full. Not knowing what to do, I searched for an answer. The best I could find was to tell it to continue, so I did. Now I have lots of stuff on the cloud that I did not intend to send there.
So far I haven't used LrC much so have not found if it will prompt anything about cloud storage. I only want to prevent it from using the cloud and then to remove what's there.
Is there a place to tell LrC to not sync? Or do I have to tell it no when asked?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks1

Are you sure you did install LrC (which has an interface similar to Lr6 and do not use the cloud) and not Lr which has a totally different interface than Lr6 and uses the cloud ?

You are right! I installed Lr instead of LrC. I am installing the correct one now. That should fix that problem.
Can you answer a question about Ps? I have Ps6.0. Can I also install Ps 22.2 that is available with my plan? I don't know the differences or if the newer one is better.

Can you answer a question about Ps? I have Ps6.0. Can I also install Ps 22.2 that is available with my plan? I don't know the differences or if the newer one is better.

If you have Photoshop 6.0, it’s 24 years old.
If you have Photoshop CS6 (Photoshop 13), it’s 12 years old.

Photoshop 22 is about 3 years old, with a long list of changes from the versions above.
If you want to get a sense of what’s changed, you can review the Photoshop version history at Wikipedia.

The current version is Photoshop 25, and the Creative Cloud desktop app will offer it for installation if your computer and OS meet the system requirements. Among other things, it has a number of new AI-powered features that are not available in the earlier versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back