TTG XML Auto Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 1.' was released on February 19, 2''7, making it one year old today. Marking the occasion of Lightroom's first birthday, The Turning Gate is proud to present the release of two new Web module templates, TTG Shadowbox Gallery and TTG XML Auto Index.

====

TTG XML Auto Index makes keeping an album index, or table of contents, of web photo galleries easier than ever. Set it up once; the rest gets done automatically. Add galleries any time, simply by uploading a supported web gallery to the auto index directory on your web server.

The following galleries currently support TTG XML Auto Index out-of-the-box:

TTG Shadowbox Gallery
TTG HTML Gallery
TTG Slimbox Gallery
TTG Selection Gallery
TTG Client Response Gallery

Other galleries will soon be updated to support this new index; unsupported gallery types and other types of media can also be indexed simply by including an easily created XML file with your uploads. TTG XML Maker can create that file for you.

Download TTG XML Auto Index 1.'2.

Hi Matthew,

you wrote:

Hi Alfred,

My PHP-guru has returned to the United States (I'm in South Korea) and is preparing for a cross-country road-trip to visit all of his musician friends from university in order to record somewhere in the neighborhood of three full-length albums. You can check out some of his demos here, and they're well worth checking out.

This means, however, I'm not likely to go calling on him for scripting anytime soon.

The best way to establish categories is to piggy-back Auto Indexes into a three-tiered pyramid.

At the top level, create a main Auto Index.

At the mid level, install multiple Auto Indexes into sub-folders of your first level index, one for each category.

At the bottom level, install individual galleries as sub-folders to the category level Auto Index folders.

I did as described and still couldn't get it working. After some trial and error, I got it finally running, but only if I did not delete the thumbnail folders contained in the Auto Index folders of the second level.
If I do that, the apache on my test server always crashes when I try to start the mainpage. I think, the path to the default thumbnail does somehow not work, if applied on the second level Indices. But as I said earlier, my php know-how is not good enough to define the exact cause right now. Anyway: applying the workaround to leave just one image in the thumbnail folder on the second level Auto Index folder works fine for me and I can now go on to test further.

And certainly I'll check out your friend's music!

alfred

hello again,

I would like to say I love all the wonderful work y'all are doing! TTG rocks my socks you guys are my hero's!!

so here is a question....

I am trying to add a background image to the pages that use the XML Auto Index.
on the other pages I use
Code:
<style type=text/css">

body {
  background-image: url('bk64'.png');
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-attachment: fixed;
  background-position: bottom right
    }   

</style>
in the head section of my html index

I am not sure how to make this work with the php index that the TTG Auto Index uses.
I tried just adding the code to the head.html page however that did not work.
the webpage in question is [URL="http://www.bhphotoworld.net]www.bhphotoworld.net[/URL]
please advise!
and once again thank you for your wonderful work!!!

Is this what you are trying to get. See attachments

Unless you are also seeing this now, These are in Camino 1.5.5 (Mac)

So it works, maybe just not on your browser.

Don

So, are you looking to get the same effect on the other pages as on my screen shots of your main page? IS that the idea?

Don

The path for the background image is incorrect. Use this:

Code:
 body {
  background-image: url('../bk64'.png');
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-attachment: fixed;
  background-position: bottom right
    }

Why are you loading the gallery into a full-page frame?

the path.........

oh gosh now that makes me feel ....
:oops: duh hahah

...at least I was on the write track =D

what do you mean by loading the gallery into a full frame page?

The code for your page, located at http://www.bhphotoworld.net/album/index.php.

Code:
 <html>

<head>
  <title>Black Hills Photoworld - photos from the Black Hills and Badlands </title>
  <META name="description" content="Photography from the Black Hills and Badlands of South Dakota."><META name="keywords" content="photography, south dakota, black hills, badlands, photos, pictures, nature, night photography, gallery, art, macro, flowers, people, dakotas, wild caves, black fox, flora, nocturnal, panoramas, essay, geology, earth, minerals, rocks, paleontology, fossils">
</head>
<frameset rows="1''%,*" border="'">
  <frame src="[url]http://members.rushmore.com/~photoworld/album/index.php"[/url] frameborder="'" />
  <frame frameborder="'" noresize />
</frameset>

</html>

You're loading the index into a frameset. Why?

I been trying to figure out why it did that now that you point it out.

i didnt change anything myself other than the code for the background image.

everything on my hard drive is as lightroom created minus the css code for the background image.

yet all of my pages return the same thing

do you think maybe it is from godaddy.com?
I have there URL masking turned on....

That's bizarre. I understand GoDaddy has excellent customer service, but I find them an odd hosting company. Here's another good point to emphasize that belief.

Hi Matt

Have you had chance to test it much on IE on Windows?

It works great exported from LR, but I ran into problems when using it to auto index a series of subfolders. The indexing itself worked fantastically, but the thumbnail images wouldn't resize properly in IE, so if the thumbnails in the subfolders are too big, they wouldn't shrink to fit. They're perfect in Safari & Firefox. Turns out that IE ignore max-width and max-height?

I was able to get it resizing correctly by adjusting the CSS file img.thumbImg class to include:
width: expression(this.width > 75 ? 75: true);
height: expression(this.width > 75 ? 75: true);
as well as the existing. Firefox just ignores it, but it solves the IE problem. I haven't done THAT much web design though, so I'm taking a bit of a guess. Does that sound right to you?

I know there are some issues with IE6, but IE7 should be okay as is. I included a Javascript fix for IE6 that should constrain the thumbnails if they're too large, though it distorts them.

I don't understand the code you're using there. What language is it, and are you putting that in the exported CSS file, or are you putting it into the galleryInfo.lrweb file?

I have no idea what language that is! :D I googled max-width image IE7, came up with that workaround, and just put it in the exported CSS file. :roll:

Here's one of the test pages I was messing with - I've probably missed something really obvious though! http://www.lightroomqueen.com/davidbampton.co.uk/customers/setup/

Top row of thumbnails are all too big but don't resize. (Screenshot attached)

Then with that line in the exported CSS, it resizes (2nd screenshot)

I can't help with this issue, Victoria, but I love the domain name you have there. http://www.lightroomqueen.com/! I see you have an eBook coming soon. Good for you.

Don

I can't help with this issue, Victoria, but I love the domain name you have there. http://www.lightroomqueen.com/! I see you have an eBook coming soon. Good for you.

Don

LOL It was a name I gained on another forum and it STUCK! :lol:

The eBook - still a work in progress, other things seem to keep getting in the way! It's getting there though.

Now this thread is off topic. I'll have to smack my own hand!

album description font size

hi,
is there a way to change the title of the album and the description seperately in the autoindex? and of course the font family?

Presently, no, titles and description are locked to the same controls and cannot be set separately. I'll keep the idea in mind for a future update, though. Thanks.

Hi Matthew,

I'm using TTG Auto Index successfully in a nested configuration. It's a great solution, helping to organize a lot of albums in a structured manor. There is one thing I would like to have added, and that's a breadcrumb trail showing where I am in my structure of nested albums. Do you have a suggestion how to do that?
Alfred

Alfred,
I like the idea, but I don't know how it could be done automatically. PHP, I suppose, but I can't do it. My friend that did the PHP on this for me is just about to embark on a massive road trip, so I can't ask him at the moment either.

Basic question on using TTG XML Auto Index

Hi Matthew

I am not familiar with creating web pages, so please excuse my rather basic questions! I am not having much luck following your instructions on how to create a gallery index using TTG_XML_Auto_Index and then add galleries such as TTG_Slimbox_Gallery.

I am trying to create the gallery index in a folder on a web server called "/public_html/test/". It is not clear if I must copy the gallery files to a sub-folder or into the same folder as the index.

If I copy the gallery files to a sub-folder then there is no "index.html" file for the index folder (your instructions are to delete this file).

If I copy the gallery files to the same folder as the index files then I only get the gallery page displayed, not the index page. Also, this does not make sense since the "index.html" file (and other files) from multiple galleries will over-write each other if copied to a common folder.

I hope that you will be able to point me in the right direction. An example file structure of a page with an index and multiple galleries would be most useful.

Regards, Nigel

Nigel,

The reason to remove the index.html file from the gallery index is to ensure that index.php will be used as the default for that location. It's the PHP file that gathers and displays your index items.

The galleries should be installed into sub-folders within the gallery index folder.

I hope that clears things up.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks for the reply! When I export the index from Lightroom to a folder on my computer, I only see a single PHP file, "FormToEmail.php". Where do I find the "index.php" file?

Regards, Nigel

NigelL,

The FormToEmail.php file is not included in the TTG XML Auto Index template. If that's what you're looking at, you're digging in the wrong template.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back