TTG XML Auto Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom 1.' was released on February 19, 2''7, making it one year old today. Marking the occasion of Lightroom's first birthday, The Turning Gate is proud to present the release of two new Web module templates, TTG Shadowbox Gallery and TTG XML Auto Index.

====

TTG XML Auto Index makes keeping an album index, or table of contents, of web photo galleries easier than ever. Set it up once; the rest gets done automatically. Add galleries any time, simply by uploading a supported web gallery to the auto index directory on your web server.

The following galleries currently support TTG XML Auto Index out-of-the-box:

TTG Shadowbox Gallery
TTG HTML Gallery
TTG Slimbox Gallery
TTG Selection Gallery
TTG Client Response Gallery

Other galleries will soon be updated to support this new index; unsupported gallery types and other types of media can also be indexed simply by including an easily created XML file with your uploads. TTG XML Maker can create that file for you.

Download TTG XML Auto Index 1.'2.

Very good Matthew! This will definitely be finding its way onto my personal website before too long.

I'm always keen to see an example before I download, so checked out your website for sample galleries. Here's the direct link in case anyone else wants to see what all the excitement's about: http://theturninggate.net/blog/ttg-xml-auto-index

Matthew, another question. Can the TTG XML Auto Index be used nested? So, can I create a top-level index directory with subdirectories that are also indexes themselves. Example:

Code:
top-level-index
  +-- vacation-index
  |      +-- asia
  |      +-- europe
  +-- korfbal-index
    +-- 2''6
    +-- 2''7

It would be nice to see a an active website with multple galleries as generated using LR & slimbox w/ TTG XML Auto index?
Any suggestions?

I've added TTG Client Response Gallery to the list of supported galleries.

Update your copies of TTG Client Response Gallery; no update is required for TTG XML Auto Index.

TTG XML Auto Index has been updated to version 1.'3. Album listing order is now reversible by switching a boolean value on line 15 of the index.php file. Some error suppression has also been included to compensate for unusual PHP settings observed
by some users receiving errors.

To update an existing installation, users need only replace their index.php file with the updated version in the new package.

function write_top($doctitle)

needs to be changed somehow?

sry I've never looked at php before kinda a newbie at this

bmikev,

Upgrade to the latest version, 1.'3. Then, you should find this on line 15 of the index.php file:

$reverseit = false; // change to true if you'd like the album displayed in reverse order

Change "false" to be "true".

TTG XML Auto Index 1.1

TTG XML Auto Index has been updated to version 1.1 with the following additions:

• A menu! Five customizable menu items + slideshow + contact.
  • TTG XML Auto Index now supports itself, and can be installed into sub-directories where it will be auto-detected by a parent installation of TTG XML Auto Index, allowing easy use as an index for separate categories.
  • Added a Collection Description.
View the sample gallery.

I've released a simple utility, TTG XML Maker, can be used to generate the XML file necessary for use with TTG XML Auto Index. Easy enough to create manually, or you can use this from within Lightroom's Web module to spit out the XML file into any previously exported gallery.

Hi Matthew!

I must say your new concept with Auto Index is wonderfull! Thank you so much for your effort.

I have a little problem with setting font size for Collection description. Nothing happens when I try to change fontsize.

All I can say is WOW. I've been playing with this properly for the last couple of days, along with your password protection script, and it's PERFECT! Great job Matthew!

Sverre,
Looks like some of the description controls failed to make the transition when I last updated. Sorry about that. I'll get it fixed today or tomorrow and post and update.

Victoria,
Glad you're liking it! Thank you.

I haven't tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You'll just need to manually create an autoindex.xml file for each of your sub-indexes.

The TTG XML Auto Index description says that the php script will go down one level in the folder structure. Being not that experienced using php, it doesn't come to my mind, how to achieve a working solution with nested directories. I believe, in order to achieve this, the php script would have to go down as long as there are autoindex.xml files being found.
Is my understanding correct and is there any hope that your php guru might implement that?

alfred

Hi Alfred,

My PHP-guru has returned to the United States (I'm in South Korea) and is preparing for a cross-country road-trip to visit all of his musician friends from university in order to record somewhere in the neighborhood of three full-length albums. You can check out some of his demos here, and they're well worth checking out.

This means, however, I'm not likely to go calling on him for scripting anytime soon.

The best way to establish categories is to piggy-back Auto Indexes into a three-tiered pyramid.

At the top level, create a main Auto Index.

At the mid level, install multiple Auto Indexes into sub-folders of your first level index, one for each category.

At the bottom level, install individual galleries as sub-folders to the category level Auto Index folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back