TTG Slimbox Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.' is now available. This version includes a number of significant improvements over its predecessor and requires Adobe Lightroom 1.3.

Changes include:
Rebuilt from the ground up in Lua.
Supports text annotations for thumbnails. Content and positioning fully configurable.
Moved the ID plate to the top of the page. ID plate now displays properly in Internet Explorer 6.
Lots of new customization options.

Get it here.

Visit the original Adobe Forums thread.

Katharine,

Matthew has a Donation Box!

;)

Don

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.22

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.22 includes a new German translation by Juergen Ritter, and some minor code/interface tweaks. A very minor update for English speakers; more significant for Germans. ;)

Download TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.22.

If anyone is interested in putting together localizations for other languages - French or Japanese, for example - please let me know.

IE7 Info Bar Alert

Hi All:

I'm new to Matt's Slimbox gallery and its use/export out of LR so please excuse if this is a basic question.

After exporting a web gallery from LR and double-clicking the index.html file, I'm getting an IE Info bar alert informing me that Explorer has blocked the running of scripts or ActiveX controls. To activate for proper display of an image after clicking a thumbnail I have to click on the Info bar and select "Allow Blocked Content...". Follow these steps all displays properly within the gallery.

I think this has something to do with my browser's security settings and the use of Java scripting within the gallery... However, I'd like to trap for this error in the HTML code itself to alert the user that the gallery will not display properly unless they follow the steps I outlined above. Does anyone know how to do this? For example, I inserted the following code in the body of the index.html file:

<script type="text/javascript">
if (navigator.javaEnabled())
{
alert("Java enabled")
}
else
{
alert("Java disabled")
}
</script>

This code was simply a test to see if I could trap the error. Got nothing! No alert box was generated. Any ideas? Know any HTML/Java programming gurus? :roll:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think this has something to do with my browser's security settings
Yes, it does. They can be changed by the user though and as you discovered, that can be done 'on the fly' so not a big deal.

I inserted the following code in the body of the index.html file:

if (navigator.javaEnabled())
{
alert("Java enabled")
}
else
{
alert("Java disabled")
}
</script>

This code was simply a test to see if I could trap the error. Got nothing! No alert box was generated.
I could be wrong but if java is disabled surely the script won't run at all, which could be your problem. You need a
HTML:
<noscript></noscript>
section containing the disabled message.

Yes, it does. They can be changed by the user though and as you discovered, that can be done 'on the fly' so not a big deal.

I could be wrong but if java is disabled surely the script won't run at all, which could be your problem. You need a
HTML:
<noscript></noscript>
section containing the disabled message.

Hi Mick,

What you say makes sense! I found the following example on the W3Schools.com website:

<!--
alert("Your browser supports Javascript!")
//-->
</script>
<noscript>alert("Your browser does not support JavaScript!")</noscript>

According to them, if the browser supports Java scripting and it's a newer browser it will ignore the comments and execute the "Your browser supports..."; otherwise, it should hit the "...does not support" if that's appropriate. Dunno. All I know is this code doesn't do it for me, either.

I'm thinking the issue might be something other than Java scripting, but me thinks this is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack!

Thanks!

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.23

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.23 improves support for IE6. The number of columns should now display properly in IE6 regardless of the gallery setup; previously, certain gallery configurations caused the number of columns to differ from the specified value. Also, thumbnail and frame borders, previously removed in order to compensate for the browser's quirks, are now displayed in IE6. Other compensations have been made in their place. Generated galleries displayed in IE6 should now be identical to what is seen in current-gen browsers.

Download TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.23.

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.24

In TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.24, the code for color labels and ratings has been reworked and (hopefully) greatly improved. The ratings graphics have also been redone, and now appear as numerical badges, which I hope people will find more attractive.

Mootools has also been updated to v1.11.

Download TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.24.

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.3

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.3 adds support for PicLens gallery browsing.

“PicLens instantly transforms your browser into a full-screen slideshow experience. PicLens makes photos come to life via a cinematic presentation that goes beyond the confines of the traditional browser window. With PicLens, browsing and viewing images on the web will never be the same again.” – PicLens.com

PicLens is a browser extension for Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer that provides a slick and immersive 3D image viewing experience.
TTG Slimbox Gallery is now PicLens enabled. Visitors with the PicLens extension installed in their browser will be able to activate the feature in the same way as on sites like Flickr or Facebook, or they may choose not to use the feature, and simply browse the gallery in the usual fashion. Visitors without the PicLens extension can use the gallery normally.

Download TTG Slimbox gallery 2.3.

Piclens

Hi Matt,

the Piclens feature is great - love it.

For those web users of mine that have no idea about Piclens is there a way to be able to point them to Piclens from the gallery? A bit like the link if someone doesn't have but needs Adobe Reader.

Hoddo,

Those without PicLens likely won't realize they're missing anything and will still be able to use the gallery as per normal via Slimbox. There's no way I'm aware of to provide a "PicLens is missing" error to users without it, the way you can with Flash or Javascript. You could simple add a link to the page, something like:

Code:
 This gallery is <a href="http://www.piclens.com">PicLens</a> enabled.
And just put that wherever on the page you'd like it, maybe with the collection description or in the menu/contactInfo bar.

I wouldn't want to put this in the gallery be default, though, in the interests of reducing clutter. What I like about PicLens is that people who have it can use it, and people that don't can still get around without it. It's very unobtrusive, and that's very cool.

TTG HTML Gallery and Slimbox Gallery updates

I've updated the Slimbox and HTML galleries to 2.31 and 1.21, respectively. This update makes a few corrections to the PicLens implementation and is a minor, but recommended update.

TTG HTML Gallery 1.21

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.31

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.51

TTG Slimbox Gallery has been updated to version 2.51 with the following improvements:

• Brings TTG Slimbox Gallery to feature parity with TTG Shadowbox Gallery 2.51, with improvements in the following areas:
  • A menu! Five customizable menu items + slideshow + contact.
  • Improved support for Piclens, and now supports PicLens Lite. Support for custom logo and MP3 audio using PicLens Lite; logo and audio support will be supported in a future version of the PicLens client.
  • Slimbox: dropped themes, added controls for colors, loading and close images, borders; additional changes.
  • Reorganized Web module controls and panels; lots of additions and relocations for ease of use.
  • A major overhaul of code, in places both HTML and Lua. Cleaner, leaner, better!
  • Added option to remove live_update.js from exported galleries, reducing overall page load by 16KB.
  • Width of Collection Description now adjustable.
  • If unused, Collection Description, Annotations and Ratings code can now be removed from gallery to reduce overall gallery size.
  • Additional changes.

The following message, regarding Lightroom/Win, the Web module and Javascript errors landed in my comments today. I had thought we'd beaten the errors out of the thing, but ... well, I don't know. Is anyone else still experiencing these problems? Any thoughts -- Mark, Juergen?

Hi Matthew, I was searching for a better Lightroom Gallery and I found it : TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.52
I am using WinXP SP2 and am able to generate a really nice looking gallery. However, if I attempt to adjust almost anything when in Lightroom I get a message:
Internet Explorer Script Error
Line 5
Char 5
Error: Object expected
Code: '
URL: agwpg;//localhost:1'26/index.html
If I get an error message, this is the one I get. It will happen if for example, I wish to change the size of the large displayed images and click on the adjuster on the slider, it also happens if I click on the numbers eg 45' (pixels) and will not let me adjust either the slider or the numbers, However, if I click on the line either side of the slider it will adjust the size of the outputted (is that a word?) image. If I then try to check the output size by viewing a large image there is no change but if I export the gallery and view it the image will be the new size. When clicking the line to adjust the pixels I will still get the error message andhave to click any of the Yes, No or Close buttons to get rid of the error message before I can re-adjust the pixel size.
Do you have any clues as to how I might overcome this problem please?
I also installed the TTG XML Auto Index 1.3 but when I click on this in the Gallery list Lightroom freezes and I need to Alt/Ctrl/Del to escape.

Only one quick idea here at work. I can test it this evening.

Did he accidentally mark the "remove Live Update" checkbox? With this checkbox marked, you get errors on most of the controls.

Juergen

I tested the feature to remove the live Update.js and found the problem.

If you turn it on and off once while you are creating a gallery then the index.html in the temp folder will not refresh and after that you get errors on almost all controls, because the live update feature is disabled from now on..

It's doesn't seem to be possible with IE to add the preview code after removing it once, because of the script errors

I would remove this feature.

Juergen

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.53 is released with the following changes/additions:
  • Added footer w/ options.
  • Added choice of ID Plate alignment.
  • Revamped control scheme for Remove Live_Update.js.
  • Added a brief ReadMe.

TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.6

TTG Shadowbox Gallery 2.6 and TTG Slimbox Gallery 2.6 are now available. These versions integrate the Form-to-Email features of TTG Selection Gallery, allowing users to create a selection gallery simply by enabling a checkbox.

With selection gallery features now an inherent part of these two galleries, TTG Selection Gallery is discontinued as a standalone template.

To download the updated templates, visit the links above. For information on setting up a selection gallery, see the selection gallery documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back