TTG iPhone Portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Happy New Year, my fellow Lightroomers! On this, the first day of 2''9, I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new template from The Turning Gate, TTG iPhone Portfolio.

Because of their small screens, unique input methods and functional differences, mobile devices demand a new paradigm from web-designers. Web-standards can ensure universal access to a site from any device, but even standards-based designs are often unideal for mobile devices. That's why many companies and organizations, such as Google and Flickr, now offer alternate, slimmed down versions of their sites for mobile devices.

In the last several years, mobile devices have stepped up their game, offering functionality now on par with full-blown computers. Increasingly, users are accessing the web from their mobile phones, iPods, etc. New paradigms in web content delivery are now taking shape.

As a photographer, you want your images to reach the widest possible audience.

TTG iPhone Portfolio is the first Lightroom web photo gallery engine to address the mobile phenomenon. Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch are amongst the top-selling mobile devices on the market. TTG iPhone Portfolio can be used to create lite portfolio sites tailored specifically for viewing on Apple's devices, complete with a Gallery, About page and Contact form.

For a demonstration, direct your iPhone or iPod Touch to http://www.theturninggate.net/iphone/.

TTG iPhone Portfolio is being distributed via E-Junkie.com for $5.''. Visit The Turning Gate for more details.

327.jpg

E-junkie does charge for pushing an update, but it's not much if your files not real big and it's worth it in my opinion. The file file is not too big in TTG portfilio either.

I recently sent the Power Workflow 2.2 update to hundreds of users and I think it cost me like twelve bucks. Not bad for having it taken care if in a couple clicks. I treat my effects juts like any other software. I do fixes, add features etc and being able to send an update easily makes for happy customer. That's always good :)

URL's in Footer causes text wrap

I have installed a TTG iPhone gallery on my website today and I have tried putting links in the footer (eg. back to my Full Site), but entering any URL results in the URL text getting wrapped to a new line. Is there a way to prevent this?

My site is at http://m.Sean-Phillips.com (or http://www.Sean-Phillips.com for the full site).

Thanks in advance for your help...

Inline Links

Thanks Matthew, I'll give that a try tonight!

That works perfectly, thanks!

Matthew,

Just bought the plug-in right after I saw it, and gotta say that it looks as cool as I thought it would be, but here is a observation and a question for you:

1) I notice when I go to the page, it seems like whenever I go to the vertical image, I always need to scroll the page down a bit just because I am not able to see the controls (the Back, Close, and Forward button), is that a known issue that's going to be changed anytime soon?

2) Also, the other thing I noticed is that it took me a while to load all the images (Maybe because I got like 2'' images), but even when I just try go to the next image it lags a little bit, has this happened to anybody else?

Here is the link in case you want to check it out, maybe it's my wordpress problem? or server problem?

http://www.cjoephoto.com/photos/SD_Proof_pt1_iPhone/

The gallery uses Highslide to enlarge images, which comes with a number of quirks on the iPhone. None of the lightbox scripts are intended for touch-screen use, but Highslide mostly does a good job with it. The author is supposedly working on some iPhone specific optimizations for the script, after I had pointed out some of the quirks. Screen-size detection and image scaling is one issue I know that is being looked at.

Two-hundred images would take time to load, especially if you're not on a Wifi connection. The delay between images is normal. The gallery doesn't load the full-size image until you select it.

Cheers,
Matt

Highslide update for iPhone?

Matthew
Great job on the iphone portfolio 1.1! Here is my example, go to: www.jaywatson.com from your iphone or www.jaywatson.com/iphone from your computer. The redirect code you posted in this forum worked perfectly. I hacked the contact page to list my contact links and removed the response form. Would be a great feature to have in a future update.

2 Questions: 1) Any code for a blackberry redirect? 2) Images in the gallery when enlarged are a little quirky. They become off centered on screen and there is space not being used on the iphone that could allow for larger images. Since you just posted an update for Highslide will these quirks be fixed in the next version of iPhone Portfolio soon?

Again thanks for your work. The client response gallery is another excellent tool.
-Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back