• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Trying to use Clone tool in Develop Module, cursor is zoom tool? HELP

• Thread starter SebastianStudios007
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SebastianStudios007

I want to be able to clean up spots in my images, I want to be able to zoom in and make the necessary repairs, my cursor is a zoom tool, and I am unable to make change because of this.

So here is my 2 questions:

1-How do I get the cursor to change so I can use the clone tool, to change it from the zoom tool to allowing me to edit?

2-How can I edit, use the Clone tool to repair my images, it will be easier to repair some images zoomed in.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sebastian

Welcome to Lightroom Forums.

While using the Clone tool, you can zoom in using the slider on the toolbar, the pull-down in the Navigator, or the keyboard shortcuts (Command/Control + or Command/Control -).

You can pan while using the Clone tool by holding the space bar; this will change your cursor to the hand.

Sebastian, what you're seeing is not normal. If the clone/heal tool is selected, the tool should be displayed as the cursor, and as Mark indicates, holding down space-bar will enable either zoom or pan.

The only time I see the zoom tool displaying instead of the clone/heal cursor is for images which are tagged as missing/offline. Are you seeing any red folder names, or '?' icons on the images?

If that's not the case, you might want to try the standard troubleshooting steps. Particularly #4.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I saw this come up, someone deleted my comment about it.

Sebastian, whether or not the other Gurus and Mods have seen this or not, I have. After a series of spotting and zooming, then moving between images, the spot tool can get stuck in Zoom mode without the spacebar held down. It's hard to get exact steps to make it happen, but I have seen it a few times myself.
At the time, I did figure out a way to make it reset without restarting Lightroom. It escapes me know though.
Maybe try pressing R to go to crop and then N to go back to Spot Removal? A restart will fix this anyway.

And as an alternative way of moving around while spot healing, you can start zoomed in the upper left part of the image and once done with this section, just press "Page Down" for the next section. After it reaches the bottom, the next "Page Down" will go to the top of second column...

Denis and Mark are providing the correct answers to a different problem.

Sebastian's problem is that the clone cursor is stuck in zoom mode, period. I can reliably repeat this in 1.4.1 with an off-line image, and now that Sean has chimed in I vaguely remember this as an intermittent bug as well.

I see this a lot and was just going to make a post about it. There was some way to get out of it that I had figured out once, but I can't remember what it was(same as Sean). I usually get frustrated, curse a lot, and just restart.

I've also seen it happen with the TATs.

Yeah, I see it from time to time too. I've never managed to find steps to reliably reproduce it though.

I remember something now! Here is how it never happened again to me I think: I never go from tool to tool without deactivating the tool in use first.

If I click a TAT tool to make something, I click it again to gray it out before choosing a brush and again brush off before going to crop etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back