• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Trouble with Migration/scanning step - going from LR classic to LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMG

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi All,
Greetings from Livermore, my first post here.

Not sure why, but during the migration / scanning step, got the below error. I have almost 600 GB free space on my Macintosh HD. Any help would be awesome.

IMG_6603.jpg

Free space may be in use by other apps and 600GB may not be enough to store another copy of the image files (already existing on your primary HD perhaps?). The Lightroom Migration from LrC to Lr may also create other local files. The Local copy option if you select it will create a 3rd copy of the image file. How munch space is LrC currently using for master file imported in the LrC Catalog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies - Here is the latest.

- I emptied the trash - only freed up about 10 GB.
- I have a 5 TB external drive with 3.5TB free - I think I've changed the local storage to this drive - although I'm not sure - that dialogue box was a bit confusing. see attached screen shot.
- clee01l - not sure about the master file you mentioned, but I did see that my 'Lightroom Pictures' folder is about 1 TB in size.
- I upgraded to the 3 TB storage plan

I ran the migration again, it reported some missing files for which I saved the log. Thought I'd deal with this later. It completed the migration, but I don't see the pictures in my LR.

I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong here.
IMG_6604.jpg
IMG_6605.jpg

I tried migrating the library again, and it won't allow. Apparently you can migrate a library only once. I still see no pictures in LR. Any thoughts?

The screenshot shows that you have assigned the Seagate for storage already. If Lightroom says that the migration was completed, then you should see the photos. Simply trying to migrate again (should be possible if you rename the LrC catalog) does not seem to be a logical next step. You have to find out why you do not see the photos while Lightroom says it has finished the migration. Can you post a screenshot of what Lightroom looks like now?

The screenshot shows that you have assigned the Seagate for storage already. If Lightroom says that the migration was completed, then you should see the photos. Simply trying to migrate again (should be possible if you rename the LrC catalog) does not seem to be a logical next step. You have to find out why you do not see the photos while Lightroom says it has finished the migration. Can you post a screenshot of what Lightroom looks like now?
Here is the LR screenshot
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 10.02.23 AM.png

I could sense something was wrong, it happened way too quickly for a 1tb folder. I expected it to take at least few hours. Ok changed the name and still getting the same message.
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.49.25 AM.png

Thanks, looks like something has changed. I can't find any option to delete the library from LR cc. I'm digging around google.

Thanks, looks like something has changed. I can't find any option to delete the library from LR cc. I'm digging around google.
The instructions in that thread state that you have to use the LrWeb app (login at lightroom.adobe.com), click on your avatar top right, click on Account Info and you should then see the "Delete Lightroom Library" option. However, I'm not entirely sure that should be necessary, instead you could simply try deleting the local library ("Lightroom Library.lrlibrary") in your Pictures folder. That only deletes the local catalog, so any existing images in the cloud are not lost. Worth a try, but if all else fails you could then try the deletion of the cloud library via the Web app.

Thanks, I kept trying to do it on the LR installed on my laptop. Finally deleted library from Webapp, and started migration again. Seems to be crunching now for 3 hrs. already and I'm at about 25%. Fingers crossed -seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back