Trouble changing back from CC to owned version of LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.W. Wall

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I was on the road and needed to update my laptop's LR4 ago LR5. Adobe offered me only the Creative Cloud version. I spent a lot of time looking for the stand alone version upgrade and could not find it on their site. I needed to get some work done, so used the CC they offered on a trial basis. Now, at end of trial, I have to revert to the owned version but still can't find how or where to do it. Any advice (or link!) would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Now, at end of trial, I have to revert to the owned version but still can't find how or where to do it. Any advice (or link!) would be much appreciated. Thanks.

There is no difference between the Software of the CC and perpetual licenced ("owned") versions so all you need to do is get hold of a licence key and apply it to the LR5 that you have installed. It is tricky to find on the Adobe site, they seem to promote the CC licences more prominently. I suggest the easiest approach is to search on Amazon for "Adobe Lightroom 5 upgrade" and you should be able to purchase a copy from there.

Thanks, I already own a copy, I just want to use my owned copy not the CC one than downloaded when I updated the laptop to LR5. I'll try to find my LR 5 password and try it -- trouble is, I'm on the road and don't have it with me. Tried on my Adobe page, not there.

You will need to remove the CC downloaded app and then download the Lightroom 5.7.1 from here and add your serial number. The apps are the same but the licensing section is different so a whole new app download is necessary.

For those looking on the Adobe site, you have to login, change site to the correct country (if it doesn't get it right for you) and then 'Menu > All products' and buy from there. 'Menu' is a button at the top of the window with the three horizontal line logo next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back