• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

"Treat RAW next to JPG as Separate files" in Cloud Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

del.hand

Del
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
In Classic , you can treat adjacent raws and jpgs as one file - or separate them.
I use the Fuji jpgs most of the time - only using raws when I need to do more or the OOC didn't cut if for whatever reason.

How do most people handle raw / jpgs in LR cloud without the folder structure to sort things?

Thanks.

First, Lightroom (cloudy) does not need a folder structure. I think the image data blocks are recorded in a field in the database called a "blob'. As such there are no "folders" in the cloud storage area.
Second, RAW and JPEG are always treated as separate files and will show in the library as separate files.
If you want to see just JPEGs or just RAW then you can filter on JPEGs or RAW. If you want to see your JPEGS and RAW side by side then you sort by Capture Date.

Thanks. I guess I’m still in Classic mindset….
I’m still in Classic at the moment so will do some more trials in LR to get a better feel for things.
As I said, I tend to split between jpgs that I’m perfectly happy with and RAWs where they need work so really need to avoid a mess of duplicates / formats etc.

Thanks. I guess I’m still in Classic mindset….
I’m still in Classic at the moment so will do some more trials in LR to get a better feel for things.
As I said, I tend to split between jpgs that I’m perfectly happy with and RAWs where they need work so really need to avoid a mess of duplicates / formats etc.

I can see your point. I use both but my master is a LrC catalog. However unlike you, I do not use the folders for any organization. Instead I use Smart Collections to group my images in meaningful groups.
Importing into a date named folder scheme is automatic and quicker that trying to organise images in specific folders. Smart collections can automatic sort your images into specific groups like RAW vs. JPEG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back