• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Travelling - catalogue and originals (RAW) - how to manage it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brichoni

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
LrC - 11.1 & Camera Raw 14.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
  2. Android
Hi everyone,

could somebody tell to me how to correctly manage the catalogue and originals (RAW's), when I have both on the external HDD WD Elements (now 4 TB, before 2 TB) and backuped by Amazon Drive for Premium. But now I have a new NTB (Dell Inspirion 14 7000) and would like to correctly solve the management of all files. Als by building of NAS Server (by QNAP TS-451 with Raid 5 - 3x 4TB).

1) Catalogue with previews should be on local disk of NTB ?
2) Originals on the external HDD drive ?
3) Once arrived at home from travelling, to backup the external HDD to NAS ? (Maybe with usinf ot Total Commander)
4) Catalogue and originals backup also by Amazon Drive?

But when I will also work with PS (having the LrC and PS on monthly instalment) then the work with external HDD is slowly .

Does have someone experience to using the originals by NAS via internet?

I'm Nikonist - D500 & D750 :)

Thank you

Jiri

PS. Merry Christmass and Happy New Year too :)

Trying to store originals on a NAS is fine. BUT trying to access them on two different computers running two different catalogs is going to create problems.

The recommendation with two separate computers and one of them a travel computer is to periodically merge the Travel catalog and images into the Master Catalog and images using the “Import from another Computer function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trying to store originals on a NAS is fine. BUT trying to access them on two different computers running two different catalogs is going to create problems.

The recommendation with two separate computers and one of them a travel computer is to periodically merge the Travel catalog and images into the Master Catalog and images using the “Import from another Computer function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thx - yes I know about the problem with 2 computers, but now I will have only NTB and will try update the catalog for second computer by OneDrive update function. (currently the NTB 's modification is more better then as HomePC, so at home I will work with NTB too).

And accessing to the original via internet to NAS ? Is there some recommodation?

Thx

Jiri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back