• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Transferring photos to iPad for LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevpeace

Lightroom Version Number
V7.41
Operating System
  1. iOS
I’m a hobbyist and have been using LR for a while and travel quite a bit, vacationing.
I use bot Nikon DSLR and Panasonic cameras normally transferring photos using direct wifi with the manufactures apps.
I shoot raw and the photos end up in the iPad photos app. I then transfer to LR. The iOS app renames the files and I’m confused wondering if my raw files are merely converted to jpg.?
Would it be better to buy a SD card reader for my iPad and forget Direct Wifi.

I think the card reader is going to be the cleanest. There might be a way to get the RAW files to Lightroom using the WiFi option, but a direct import seems to me to be them most straight forward. I import directly into Lightroom from a camera card. The images were shot RAW on my Nikon Z7.

I do not use the Apple Photos app at all for anything. Instead I use Lightroom and the camera through Lightroom to add photos directly to the Adobe cloud. On the Import button in Lightroom, choose "From camera device" after connecting your card reader containing your camera card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back