transfering to new drive went wrong somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlnavy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 5.18.28 PM.png I copied both the catalog and the image files from "G" to "Photo9. Both external drives. I thought if I took G offline I would get all the files noted as missing. When I matched up one of the images to the files in the new location it did not pick up all of the nearby files it only picked up one folder with 33 images (0069). When I put G back on line you are able to see where 0069 was previously located and also its new location on Photo 9. How do I get the rest of the files on G to move into the new catalog location on Photo9 and point to the image files on Photo9.

On Drive G: there is a folder labeled "Raw Files to be Arc..." It appears to be the parent folder of all of the other folders.
On the volume labeled "Photo 9" there needs to be a folder labeled "Raw Files to be Arc..." also.

In LR, right click on the folder labeled "Raw Files to be Arc..." and choose "Update folder Location" form the context menu. In the Windows dialog that opens navigate to the folder labeled "Raw Files to be Arc..." in the volume labeled "Photo 9" This will tell the LR catalog where to find all of the images that formerly were on Drive G.

You'll probably get a warning about existing folders if you do this, and a question if you want to merge these folders. That's because "Raw Files to be Arc..." contains a folder (0069) that Lightroom has already on the 'Photo 9' disk. Just click 'Yes' and you're done.

You'll probably get a warning about existing folders if you do this, and a question if you want to merge these folders. That's because "Raw Files to be Arc..." contains a folder (0069) that Lightroom has already on the 'Photo 9' disk. Just click 'Yes' and you're done.

Thank you -did get the warning message. Lovely watching the image files filling in on the navigation pane.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 5.01.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 5.01.07 PM.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back