• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Transfer not accomplished

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick.simper-sky

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC 4.1 AND Lightroom 6
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
So, I had Lightroom 6 - [icon is a Square box with black in-fill with light grey border and 'Lr' in light grey.
Must have had about 1,500 pictures all saved in their various folders, which was nice

Then moved to Lightroom CC - [icon has squared off corners, black in-fill, no border, with 'Lr in blue letters.

I have both running - OR HAD

The CC runs okay, and I have all my newer folders
When I select Lr 6 - the icon comes on for about 0.5 second and then flashes off. This happens which ever way I access it.
This now means that ALL my Lr pictures are no longer available
So HELP, How can I get to the pictures I had before???

Lightroom 6 is ancient software. It isn't supported any more, and obviously it was never tested on MacOS Big Sur.
What you can do is take a subscription to Lighroom Classic (that would be the 'Photography plan', not the 'Lightroom plan'). Open your old Lightroom 6 catalog in Lightroom Classic, let it upgrade the catalog and you're good to go again.

You indicate that you have the Lightroom (cloudy) plan. Did you migrate your LR6. catalog to Lr4.1? This would copy all of you LR6 image to the cloud and LR6 would be somewhat redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back