• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Topaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkiemom

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I ws trying to access my Topaz plug-ins in LR but it says "an error occurred" and won't show the plug-in. I thought all I had to do was the following...
  • Select File > Plug-in Manager.
  • Click the Add button.
  • Browse to the folder where you saved the plugin and select it. Then click Add Plug-in.
  • The plugin should show that it's Installed and Running. Click "Done," and you're set.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure that the Topaz plugin is still compatible?

I believe they are so can't figure out why I get an error. I'm probably doing something wrong but can't figure out what.

They're still compatible. Lightroom does not adapt or accommodate Topaz. It is the other way. So, download the freshest Topaz install file and reinstall. You may have to do it when ever there are LR updates.

Nobody said that Lightroom adapts a plugin, but that doesn't mean that an old plugin can't become incompatible with the latest version of Lightroom. Sometimes the plugin author will update the plugin, and sometimes it means the end of life for that plugin because there are no updates. To give you an example: sooner or later the Nik plugins will no longer work. I'm not suggesting that this is the case with Topaz, but it means you have to check first if you are using the latest version.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner...was out all day yesterday. I will download the new ones and try again. Thanks for the help. I will let you know how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back