• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Topaz Photo AI not listed in Lightroon Edit In

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcary

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have finally installed Topaz Photo AI however it is not in Edit In. Yes, I can use the Plug-in Extras, but I would, if possible use the version that incorporates my LR edits.

What have I missed?

Many thanks...

Todd

Attachments

• Edit In.jpg
    Edit In.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 136
You can simply do this yourself. In Preferences - External Editors, select Topaz Photo AI as a new secondary editor, and then save the settings as a new preset. That is all what the other ‘Edit in’ menu items in the middle group are as well.

You should be using File - Plug-in Extras. It will open as a RAW in Photo AI. It will come back to LrC as a DNG and you will have access to all your Color Profiles and Lens Corrections. That was a game changer for me. Photo AI offers lens corrections but I unchecked it.

Well, I tried to get Photo AI to appear in the Edit In list on both a Mac LrC and on a Windows 10. The best I could do is attach Photo AI to the Ctrl-Alt-E short cut. Here and on other sites, it is shown as part of the list for Edit In. Maybe I have missed something, however the Topaz Photo AI.exe (Windows 10) does not want to be part of that list.

Attachments

• Edit In 1.jpg
    Edit In 1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Edit In 2.jpg
    Edit In 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Edit In 3.jpg
    Edit In 3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 81
Didn't it ask you if you wanted to install the plug-in during Photo AI install? I think it asked me. Maybe try an re-install. On a Mac it is located in the User Library. Application Support/Adobe/ Lightroom/Modules/Topaz Photo AI. lrplugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back