happycranker

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Classic CC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Have just downloaded this trial to see how well it works. At the moment using it standalone with LR edits and have variable results, when compared with the original. Quite slow to convert to TIFF, but seems to use all the cores on my machine and the GPU. Some of the metadata gets corrupted like ISA and lens data etc. I have a year of JPEG'S taken back in 2007, so I would like to try and see if this programme, helps with improving the editing capabilities and resolution. Any one else had a chance to try?

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I am testing it now. I have focused my testing on higher ISO photos taken with my Canon 80D. My goal/wish is to get a raw at 16,000 ISO to look like a raw taken at a base ISO 100. The dng output from DeNoise AI is looking pretty good; though not there yet. The dng is opened and processed well with LR. I can also open the raw with LR, process the tones, and send it on to PS where I use the DN-AI as a plugin. I am also getting good results.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Whoops - I am testing the more recently released DeNoise AI. I read through your title and misread it. In the other forums I participate in I don't know anyone who has really tested the jpeg-to Raw AI.
I do know that we seem to be finding that the DeNoise AI works decently if it has a very large database of types of photos - and doesn't when the database is small.
So don't be surprised when you get good results at times, and bad results at other times; even on what you consider similar types of photos.

Sorry about the confusion.