• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Toolbar and Library Filter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC 7.3 I think
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've been using Adobe Creative Cloud and the photography plan for a long time. I've resisted upgrading to version 7 with Classic CC until recently because of a limitation with my work laptop, and I take that laptop with me when I travel.

Anyway, I did recently upgrade my home desktop computer to Classic CC but I'm having problems. The toolbar at the top is totally unresponsive (the one with File, Edit, Library, Photo, Metadata, etc.) and the Library Filters aren't working either. The filters that were there when I loaded the upgrade were fine, but I can't change them. None of the functionality relating to adding or deleting or changing the filters work. As I click around trying to get something to respond I end up adding new columns I don't want but they are just duplicates of whatever column I was on when clicking.

Last night I tried installing an older version and then reinstalling the current version but still have same issues. I can't even confirm what version is loaded because the Help option doesn't function.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Should I totally uninstall? I worry about losing my catalog though I do have backups. Once these problems started I have NOT backed up after exiting.

Mickey

Thanks. I did that and also did another uninstall/reinstall and all seems to be okay again. Not sure what happened but as long as its back I'm happy.

Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back