• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module Too Many Adjustment Brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzarbo

Operating System: Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR Classic 77.2

Hi,
I seem to have acquired over the years a surfeit of Adjustment Brushes. Is there a way to organize them or load them and remove them as needed?

Hoping someone can help as I can't seem to find and answer to this.

Thanks, Robin

Nope. The only way to organize them a bit is to rename them.

Operating System: Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): LR Classic 7.2

AFAIK - you can delete and rename local Adjustment Brush presets.
Just hit the double pointed arrows next to the name of the brush to open the list of all presets.
Select a preset and choose rename or delete at the bottom of the list.
Note, you cannot delete or rename anything in the upper section of the list (the ones that are above the line in the list).
The upper section options are not presets and retain the last settings use.

Hope this helps!!

Thommy

PS.PNG

I made the mistake of installing a "free" package of preset brushes at one point. Since I am lazy and did not want to delete each one by hand. I contact Adobe support, mentioned I was a programmer and asked how to a do a mass delete. I do not recall the exact steps, but it was pretty easy.

So if you are comfortable getting into the low level, let me know and I can search my notes to see if I still have the directions.

Note: in my case I did not want to keep any, since I do not use them.

Tim

Yes, you can manually remove these presets by deleting them from their folder. In the Lightroom preferences, go to Presets and click on the 'Show Lightroom Presets Folder'. The ones you're after are in the 'Local Adjustments Presets' subfolder.

Thank you for the replies. It looks like there is not just a simple way to organize or delete these brushes. I wish I could just remove and reload them as easily as you can in Photoshop. Oh well.... Thank you all, again.

Thank you for the replies. It looks like there is not just a simple way to organize or delete these brushes. I wish I could just remove and reload them as easily as you can in Photoshop. Oh well.... Thank you all, again.
To disable them: Just move them to another folder and restart Lightroom
To reload them: Just move them back and restart Lightroom

and the dumb question --- why have so many preset/loaded brushes ?
it's just that I never think about using brush presets even though I use the adjustment brush a lot (??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back