• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Tip for slow performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CelticRaven

So I had gone though the standard steps and was wondering why performance in lightroom was so slow when it hadn't been previously.

Well I took a look and the DB was getting very large. In Lightroom, I have about 25k in photos currently. I did also notice the longest term items were from the "Loading from Previews" prompt.

The setting in the system was to delete 1:1 previews after 3' days. Well I selected the All Photos from the catalog, and removed 1:1 previews, for 16k of photos in the system.

Performance of flipping though photos, and even in the develop module, drastically increased. I am not sure what the criteria is for lightroom to remove them automatically, but I know I haven't used that many photos out of the catalog recently.

Thought I would pass this along.

CR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back