• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Time lapse with LR5.2 ?

Gronlund I

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Hi.
In Victoria Bampton's e-mail "Lightroom 5.2 updates & more" there is a link to new fatures of LR 5.2.
One feature mentioned is "Slideshow exports can now be under 1 second for time-lapse sequences"
May be I don't understand it right (due to my weak english), but I can't find out how it would work. In my LR 5.2 / Windows 7 64 bit
the duration of one slide can be set 1-20 sec, no way to go under 1 second. Would be a very handy way to do time lapses if it really works.

Does anybody know something about this?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service

PJinsodak

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I solved this by creating a "User Template" slideshow template and then used a text editor to open the file and change the values for "Speed" to under 1.0 seconds (and also adjusted the transitionSpeed, which is the value for fade between slides). I saved the file and re-imported it into LR 5.2. The result is that LR shows and uses the adjusted Slide speed and Fade speed of the values I entered into the file. Of course, if you try to adjust the time in LR again, it will again warn you that the value must be between 1.0 and 20.0 seconds.

Created a step by step on my blog if you wish: http://www.pjandersonphotography.com/blog/2013/11/slideshow-transitions-under-1-0-second-in-lightroom-5-2

Worked for me, but please let me know if you run into snags or if the process could be "fine-tuned".

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Welcome to the forum PJinsodak. Thanks for posting that. The other key is it must be 5.2 or later - it won't work in 5.0.