• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Tif files do not import into Lightroom 6.7 (Windows 10 latest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncaton

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have some tif files that are mostly scanned documents obtained from online databases. These do not import into Lightroom. I have tried opening and saving with Irfanview (compression turned off) to see if that would change the results. It did not. The error message is "The files appear to be unsupported or damaged." However, they can all be opened with Irfanview.

Tifs that I scanned myself on Epson 850 for the most part are being imported. I say for the most part because of 3800 possible tif files in the photos folders, there are 3725 tif files when you filter for tifs. Not sure what the missing ones are, but are likely just in need of a synch.

I've tried to attach tifs that it cannot import (One was a scan of an old newspaper and the other of an early 19th C doc. I can open both in irfanview, but your site says "The uploaded file was not an image as expected." One was 3mg, and the other a mere 16k.

16KB for a tiff file? That does not sound right, unless it is a tiny image. Can’t you place an example in something like Dropbox and post a link here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back