sgf322

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I am importing a recent slew of nearly 1000 pictures, from my Canon DSLR and Android. I first upload to the computer in Finder and sort. Then I "Import" into the Library. Some new pictures' thumbnails are gray slabs and will not Import. Some are in two folders (my filing arrangement), however neither will show as true thumbnails. I successfully imported all the Canon pictures. All are .jpg format. Adobe help is not helpful.

That gray “thumbnail” can represent one of two things.
1. The image is damaged and corrupt, possibly just the embedded thumbnail.
2. The color profile used by the monitor is corrupt or missing.

In the case of Number 2 reset your color profile to sRGB and see if that solves the gray thumbnail issue.
If the issue proves to be number 1, try a backup copy of the image.

FWIW Lightroom is your image management tool. Save your self a step and skip the Finder step and import directly using the Lightroom import dialogue. You can best sort and purge AFTER the image is in Lightroom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is not the color profile. it is just the 300+ images in one folder. All other systems are functional. The images are not corrupt. I can view them in all my other programs including Photoshop Elements Editor. I suspect it is because I have a duplicate folder and the images are in Finder in 2 separate places.

I have shut it down and restarted. I think there is an issue with moving or duplicating. Not sure what to do.

1601513757517.png
I removed the folder from the library. Trying to recreate. It just sits there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back